Base Realignment Impact Committee (BRIC)
- Date: 05/11/2017 9:30 AM
- Location: The Chamber
GRAND FORKS REGION
BASE REALIGNMENT IMPACT COMMITTEE
Date: Thursday – May 11, 2107 @ 9:30am
Location: Grand Forks/EGF Chamber
Work to Retain and Enhance the Grand Forks Air Force Base (GFAFB)
A fully operating base with multiple long-term relevant missions and capabilities: A base near capacity with new infrastructure and the personnel positioned for future Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) rounds. A base with alternative uses incorporated into the overall base plan.
1. Welcome and introductions
2. BRIC history and overview (Klaus Thiessen)
3. Status update (Bill Lee)
4. Way ahead (Tom Ford)
Strategic Plan Goals
* Support & enhance the value of Grand Forks AFB, its infrastructure, and current missions.
* Secure new missions & capabilities without for Grand Forks AFB
* Prepare community for potential BRAC rounds.
* Leverage the assets and infrastructure of Grand Forks AFB for economic diversification opportunities to strengthen the Grand Forks Region and State economies.