1. PurposeThere shall be and is hereby created a Board of Appeals consisting of six (6) individuals, who are qualified by experience and training to pass judgment upon matters pertaining to building construction. The Building Official shall be a non-voting, ex-officio member and shall act as Secretary to the Board. The Board of Appeals shall be appointed by the City Council and shall hold meetings as required. The Board may adopt reasonable rules and regulations for conducting activities and investigations. The Board may adopt reasonable rules and regulations for conducting activities and investigations. The Board shall render all decisions and findings in writing with a copy provided to the appellant.
To review, on appeal by the applicant, all requests for exception under this Code which have been reviewed and denied by the Building Official;
To grant exceptions to the requirements of the International Building Code for the repair, rehabilitation or change of occupancy of existing buildings where the planned repairs, rehabilitation or change of occupancy would not otherwise comply with the provisions of the Code. No exception shall be authorized hereunder unless the Board of Appeals finds the following conditions existing: 1. The building was constructed more than twenty-five (25) years before the adoption of the present Code. 2. The Board finds, upon completion of the proposed repair, rehabilitation or change of occupancy will not diminish the safety and welfare of the occupants.
To monitor and evaluate on an ongoing basis, the effectiveness and application of the provisions of Codes and any rules, regulations, or procedures promulgated thereunder to determine their impact on the rehabilitation of existing buildings. Pursuant to this responsibility, the Board of Appeals shall gather information, conduct studies, and make appropriate reports and recommendations related to the application of these provisions, the decisions of the appellate body, and the experience of other jurisdictions.
To adopt guidelines to be used by the Building Official in determining compliance with this chapter.
To recommend to the City Council guidelines to be adopted by the City Council to expand this Code
- Todd Blixt
- Brian Carlson
- James Glick
- Bob Klave
- Scott Meland
- Gene Youngdahl
Bev Collings, 746-2631
- Date: 01/02/2018 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Video Linkhttp://126.96.36.199/vod/1371-CC-1-2-18-Medium-v1.mp4
GRAND FORKS CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Notice is hereby given that the Grand Forks City Council will meet on the above date and time, in the City Council Chambers, 255 North Fourth Street, Grand Forks, North Dakota. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the ADA coordinator at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at 746-2665.
- GENERAL BUSINESS
- Welcome and Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Mayor's Announcement
- AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS & PROCLAMATIONS
3. PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SECOND READINGS OF ORDINANCES
3.1 Public Hearing and Second Reading Ordinance repealing Articles 11, 13, 20, 23, and 24 of Chapter XXI of the Grand Forks City Code relating to dance halls, hide and junk dealers, amusement centers, going-out-of-business and fire sales, and public roller skating rinks.
4 ACTION ITEMS
5. INFORMATION ITEMS
6. CITIZEN REQUEST
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND BILLS:
8. CITY ADMINISTRATOR COMMENTS
9. MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBER COMMENTS