1. PurposeThere shall be and is hereby created a Board of Appeals consisting of six (6) individuals, who are qualified by experience and training to pass judgment upon matters pertaining to building construction. The Building Official shall be a non-voting, ex-officio member and shall act as Secretary to the Board. The Board of Appeals shall be appointed by the City Council and shall hold meetings as required. The Board may adopt reasonable rules and regulations for conducting activities and investigations. The Board may adopt reasonable rules and regulations for conducting activities and investigations. The Board shall render all decisions and findings in writing with a copy provided to the appellant.
To review, on appeal by the applicant, all requests for exception under this Code which have been reviewed and denied by the Building Official;
To grant exceptions to the requirements of the International Building Code for the repair, rehabilitation or change of occupancy of existing buildings where the planned repairs, rehabilitation or change of occupancy would not otherwise comply with the provisions of the Code. No exception shall be authorized hereunder unless the Board of Appeals finds the following conditions existing: 1. The building was constructed more than twenty-five (25) years before the adoption of the present Code. 2. The Board finds, upon completion of the proposed repair, rehabilitation or change of occupancy will not diminish the safety and welfare of the occupants.
To monitor and evaluate on an ongoing basis, the effectiveness and application of the provisions of Codes and any rules, regulations, or procedures promulgated thereunder to determine their impact on the rehabilitation of existing buildings. Pursuant to this responsibility, the Board of Appeals shall gather information, conduct studies, and make appropriate reports and recommendations related to the application of these provisions, the decisions of the appellate body, and the experience of other jurisdictions.
To adopt guidelines to be used by the Building Official in determining compliance with this chapter.
To recommend to the City Council guidelines to be adopted by the City Council to expand this Code
- Todd Blixt
- Brian Carlson
- James Glick
- Bob Klave
- Scott Meland
- Gene Youngdahl
Bev Collings, 746-2631
Base Realignment Impact Committee
- Date: 04/03/2018 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Location: City Hall Conference Room A102 (Downstairs)
255 N 4th St
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203
GRAND FORKS REGION
BASE REALIGNMENT IMPACT COMMITTEE
Date: Tuesday - April 3, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
Location: Grand Forks City Hall, Room A102
255 N 4th St
- Welcome and introductions
- BRIC Coordinator Updates
- Grand Forks AFB
- BRIC focus and prioritization:
- Old Business
- BRIC Meeting Review/Action Items
Strategic Plan Goals
- Support & enhance the value of Grand Forks AFB, its infrastructure, and current missions.
- Secure new missions & capabilities for Grand Forks AFB
- Engage the public and private sectors to leverage the assets and infrastructure of Grand Forks AFB
for economic diversification opportunities to strengthen the Grand Forks Region and State economies
- Support Grand Sky, UND and the emerging UAS industry in North Dakota