Summer Social Media Internship (Emergency Management)
- Salary/Pay Rate:$10-$12 per hour
- Posted Date:01/28/2019 8:57 AM
- Deadline to Apply:03/01/2019 5:00 PM
Social Media Internship (Emergency Management)
This internship will be assigned to the Emergency Management department and will create a social media strategy for data collection during emergency events/ disasters. The intern will research best practices and lessons learned from other disasters to determine how best to gather information, staffing levels required, rumor control and social media platforms to use. This internship will also develop the metrics to use when determining the effectiveness of social media during both emergency and non-emergency events and how to market those within the community of Grand Forks. Full-time summer internship. Marketing or Computer Science majors preferred. EEO Employer.
Apply online at grandforksgov.com by March 1st, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University as a full or part-time student. Junior or Senior’s preferred that have taken fund accounting.
- Has a current minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Able to work 40 hours per week during summer months.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- You are able to be a team player.
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively present information.
- Detail orientated, with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Have the ability to multi-task.
- Show proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.