Summer Environmental Health Intern
- Salary/Pay Rate:$10-$12 per hour
- Posted Date:01/28/2019 9:03 AM
- Deadline to Apply:03/01/2019 5:00 PM
Environmental Health Intern
This intern will be working with the Environmental Health division within the Grand Forks Public Health Department. This internship will focus on assisting staff with complaint investigations, issuing notices, tracking complaints, and recommending abatements regarding environmental health issues in the community. Intern will have opportunity to learn about many environmental health roles and program areas. Full-time summer internship. Environmental studies and Environmental Geoscience majors preferred. EEO Employer.
Apply online at grandforksgov.com by March 1st, 2019 at 5:00pm.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University as a full or part-time student.
- Has a current minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Able to work 40 hours in summer.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrates initiative, strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to effectively present information.
- Exercises sound judgement with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently to manage complex tasks with minimum supervision.
- Proficient with data systems and Microsoft Office products.