Click here to apply for Senior Rider
What is Senior Rider?
Senior Rider is an origin-to-destination transportation service for persons age 62 and older. Registered Senior Riders may schedule rides within the city limits of Grand Forks, ND and East Grand Forks, MN for $3.00 per trip.
Senior Rider service is available during the same operating hours as the fixed route city buses: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Saturdays.
Senior Rider does not operate like a taxi service. Please keep in mind that you must:
1. Call to schedule your destination and return trips at least one day in advance.
2. Notify us at least two hours in advance if you wish to cancel your trip
3. Limit your carry-on items to the equivalent of one armload or two grocery bags
Passengers will be picked up as close to their scheduled time as possible, and the vehicle will be shared with other passengers. Keep in mind that Senior Rider trips may take a comparable amount of time as they would on a fixed route city bus.
Will the Driver Assist Me?
The driver will assist you to and from the outside door of your home or building. Drivers are NOT permitted to:
1. Enter your residence or other buildings
2. Lift or carry passengers or wheelchairs up and down steps
3. Perform any personal care assistance
Can I Bring Someone With Me?
You may bring along a guest on Senior Rider trips. The guest must also pay $3.00 per trip. If you have a disability that requires you to have assistance from another person, you should apply for Dial-A-Ride in order to bring along a personal care attendant ("PCA") free of charge. Click here or call 701-787-9120 to apply for Dial-A-Ride.
If a guest will accompany you on a trip, you must notify us at least one day in advance.
Ways to Pay:
1. CAT accepts cash or check payment on board the vehicle
2. You may purchase a pre-paid punch card from the driver. A 10-ride punch card costs $30.00 and a 20-ride punch card costs $60.00.
3. CAT's online fare pay system allows you to load a balance on your account using a credit card. This eliminates the need to pay cash, check, or use a punch card to pay for rides. To sign up you will need to provide an email address, phone number, and ID number. Please contact CAT at 787-9120 for your ID number and phone number we have linked to your customer profile. The web address to create an online fare pay account is https://pay.routematch.com/login?a=nd_gf
How Do I Schedule Rides?
Rides must be scheduled by calling 701-787-9120 at least one day in advance during regular office hours: 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturdays.
Can I Cancel My Ride?
If you are not able to go on a scheduled ride, please call to cancel. Rides may be canceled no less than two hours in advance by calling 701-787-9120. If no one is available to take your call, please leave a message.
You must be ready to go at your scheduled time. If you fail to appear for a ride, it will be considered a "no show." If you have more than four no shows in a thirty day period, it may result in suspension from the service.