Click here to apply for Dial-A-Ride
Click here for information on the Dial-A-Ride eligibility process
Click here to download a copy of the Paratransit "Dial-A-Ride" Rider's Guide
Click here to apply for Senior Rider
What is Dial-A-Ride?
Dial-A-Ride is ADA complementary paratransit service for persons who are not able to utilize the fixed route city bus system due to a disability. Eligible riders may schedule rides within the city limits of Grand Forks, ND and East Grand Forks, MN for $3.00 per trip.
Dial-A-Ride service is available during the same operating hours as the fixed route city buses: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Saturdays.
Dial-A-Ride does not operate like a taxi service. Please keep in mind that you must:
1. Call to schedule your destination and return trips at least one day in advance;
2. Notify us at least two hours in advance if you wish to cancel your trip; and
3. Limit your carry-on items to the equivalent of one armload or two grocery bags.
Passengers will be picked up as close to their scheduled time as possible, and the vehicle will be shared with other passengers. Keep in mind that Dial-A-Ride trips may take a comparable amount of time as they would on a fixed route city bus.
Do I Qualify?
Dial-A-Ride is designated for persons who are not able to access the fixed route city bus system due to a disability. This does not include those who find it difficult or uncomfortable to ride the city bus.
CAT operates fixed route buses that have wheelchair lifts or are low floor with a kneeling feature to better serve riders who use a mobility device. All CAT vehicles are wheelchair accessible!
How do I Sign Up?
Eligibility for Dial-A-Ride is determined through an application process. Click here to download an application, or call 701-787-9120 to have an application form mailed to you.
Ways to Pay:
1. CAT accepts cash or check payment on board the vehicle
2. You may purchase a pre-paid punch card from the driver. A 10-ride punch card costs $30.00 and a 20-ride punch card costs $60.00.
3. CAT's online fare pay system allows you to load a balance on your account using a credit card. This eliminates the need to pay cash, check, or use a punch card to pay for rides. To sign up you will need to provide an email address, phone number, and ID number. Please contact CAT at 787-9120 for your ID number and phone number we have linked to your customer profile. The web address to create an online fare pay account is https://pay.routematch.com/login?a=nd_gf
Will the Driver Assist Me?
The driver will assist you to and from the outside door of your home or building. Drivers are NOT permitted to:
1. Enter your residence or other buildings;
2. Lift or carry passengers or wheelchairs up and down steps; or
3. Perform any personal care assistance.
Can I Bring Someone With Me?
You may bring along a guest on Dial-A-Ride trips. The guest must also pay $3.00 per trip. Those whose disability requires them to have assistance from another person may bring along a personal care attendant ("PCA") free of charge. Eligibility to have a PCA is determined during the Dial-A-Ride application process.
If a guest or PCA will accompany you on a trip, you must notify us at least one day in advance.
How do I Schedule Rides?
Rides must be scheduled by calling 701-787-9120 at least one day in advance during our regular office hours: 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturdays. The office is closed on Sundays and major holidays.
Can I Cancel My Ride?
If you are not able to go on a scheduled ride, please call to cancel. Rides may be canceled no less than two hours in advance by calling 701-787-9120. If no one is available to take your call, please leave a message.
You must be ready to go at your scheduled time. If you fail to appear for a ride, it will be considered a "no show." If you have more than four no shows in a thirty day period, it may result in suspension from using the service.