The City of Grand Forks is now accepting applications for the 2015 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. For the 2015 program year, we anticipate “bricks and mortar” funding of $320,000 plus $80,000 for Public Service projects.
Activities must benefit low-to-moderate income people and address one of the following priority community needs:
- Health Care
- Emergency Assistance
In addition, preference may be added for:
- Services targeting New Americans/Native Americans
- Accessibility/Disability Programs
The application is listed below as a fillable form (in Word format) (please enable editing and the macros when you open the form). If you are unable to access the form or enable the macros, staff can e-mail the application in plain Word format, as well. The deadline for receipt of applications is
Wednesday, August 27, 2014, at 12:00 p.m., Noon.
Applications cannot be submitted electronically and should be delivered to the Planning and Community Development office on second floor of Grand Forks City Hall at 255 North 4th Street, Grand Forks, ND 58203. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Applicant Workshop will be held on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. in Room A101 at Grand Forks City Hall, 255 North 4th Street, Grand Forks. This meeting is geared to first-time applicants but past recipients are also welcome to attend. Priorities, project eligibility and application instructions, as well as reporting, bidding and monitoring requirements, will be discussed at this meeting.
- Public Service requests of less than $8,000 (10% of public service allocation) or more than $16,000 (20%) will not be funded.
- Bricks and mortar projects of less than $10,000 are discouraged.
- Please submit 1 single-sided copy of your application, including all supplemental materials.
- All agencies applying for funds must be registered on the Central Contractor Registry (CCR) and have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number. Please see the instructions at the end of the application form to obtain both numbers. Applications from agencies without CCR & DUNS numbers will not be accepted. (Please note that CCR numbers must be maintained annually.)
The tentative meeting schedule is as follows: The Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) will review applications, hold a public hearing, and rank applications in order of priority during the week of September 8th (specific dates/times to be determined) Council Chambers at City Hall (255 North 4th Street). Applicant testimony is not being scheduled; however, applicants are welcome to attend. Applicants will be notified of meeting dates/times via e-mail.
The Committee’s recommendation will be forwarded to the Finance & Development Committee of the Grand Forks City Council. This meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 22, at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall. After a 30-day public comment period, the City Council will hold a public hearing and take final action. This meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 3 at 5:30 p.m., also in the Council Chambers at City Hall.
If you have any questions or are unable to access the form at the website, please contact Peggy Kurtz at email@example.com or 701-792-2883.