I Want To

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


411 Police Tip


Click here to submit a tip to the Grand Forks Police Department
 If this an emergency, please call 911

To submit an anonymous tip via text message to the Grand Forks Police Department, text GFPD and your tip to 847411.

Download our GFPD Tips App

Click the links below to download the GFPD Tips app from your app store.  This app allows citizens to submit anonymous tips from their mobile device.

iPhone:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gfpd-tips/id1096255206?ls=1&mt=8

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citizenobserver.gfpdtips


Apply for a Job


Police Officer - Contact Lt. Greg LaHaise  (701) 787-8016 or E-mail

Civilian Positions - Contact Tangee Bouvette (701) 746-2718 or E-mail




Contact Police Department 







Chief Mark Nelson
Office # 701-787-8024
 Email - mnelson@grandforksgov.com
Deputy Chief Michael Ferguson
Operations Division
Office # 701-787-8003


Deputy Chief James Remer
Administration Division
Office # 701-787-8002
 Email - jremer@grandforksgov.com
Lieutenant  Jeremy Moe
Specialized Resource Bureau
Office # 701-787-8014
 Email - jmoe@grandforksgov.com
Lieutenant Greg LaHaise
Human Resource Bureau
Office # 701-787-8016
 Email - glahaise@grandforksgov.com
Lieutenant Dwight Love
Facilities & Equipment Bureau
Office # 701-787-8006
 Email - dlove@grandforksgov.com
Lieutenant Brett Johnson
Criminal Investigation Bureau
Office # 701-787-8005
 Email - bajohnson@grandforksgov.com
Lieutenant Bill Macki
Uniform Patrol Bureau
Office # 701-787-8008 Email - bmacki@grandforksgov.com
Lieutenant Derik Zimmel
Office of Professional Standards
& Accreditation
Office # 701-787-8184  Email - dzimmel@grandforksgov.com
Penny Johnson
Records Administration Bureau
 Office # 701-787-8022
 Email - pjohnson@grandforksgov.com

Compliment an Employee


Police Department

Dispatcher (911)

I'm Not Sure


Concern about an Employee


Citizen Complaint Process Brochure

Citizen Complaint against a Police Employee form

Dispatcher (911)

I'm Not Sure

Biased Based Profiling Concern


Contact an Animal Control Officer

    Please call 701-787-8000 ext. 2 or Email CSO Youshefski  jyoushef@grandforksgov.com

Contact My School Officer


Cpl. Torok

Central High School
Community High School

Cpl. Skari


Red River High School
Community High School

Cpl. K. Brown

Valley Middle School
Schroeder Middle School
South Middle School



Cpl. Lampi

Kelly, Viking, Discovery, Ben Franklin,
Lewis & Clark, Phoenix, Holy Family
Elementary Schools


Cpl. Thorlacius

Lake Agassiz, West, Winship
Wilder, Century,  St. Michael's
Elementary Schools


Contact My Sector Officer


Sector 1
 Cpl. Lampi
 Office # 701-787-8082  Email - jlampi@grandforksgov.com
Sector 2
 Cpl. Schuh
 Office # 701-787-8081  Email - tschuh@grandforksgov.com
Sector 3
 Cpl. Robbins
 Office # 701-787-8083  Email - brobbins@grandforksgov.com
Sector 4 Cpl. Thorlacius     Office # 701-787-8066 Email-jthorlacius@grandforksgov.com  



How to inquire about a Registered Offender


If you have questions or information regarding sexual offenders or offenders against children, please contact Cpl. Brian Robbins. A complete list of offenders may be viewed at sexoffender.nd.gov by clicking on the "Printable List of All Offenders."

If you are a new registrant in the state of ND, and will be residing, attending school, or working in the City of Grand Forks, you must register with the Grand Forks Police Department between the hours of 8am and 4pm.


Pay a Parking Ticket


To pay by phone call the Grand Forks Police Department at 701-787-8000 ext. 1.
There is a $2.00 service charge.

To pay by mail please send to:
Grand Forks Police Department
122 5th St. S.
PO Box 5548
Grand Forks, ND 58201


Parking Ticket Review Form


If you would like to dispute a parking ticket please fill out the form and send to:

Parking Ticket Review Form (click here must be able to print)

Grand Forks Police Department
122 5th St. S.
PO Box 5548
Grand Forks, ND 58201


Request a Ride a Long



If you would like to observe police work and ride with an officer, please complete the Covenant Not to Sue and the Citizen Observation Policy forms and Submit Them Here. A police supervisor will contact you at your provided email address to finalize your ride a long details. Note – if you are requesting to ride within 24 hours, please print the forms and bring them to the police department to discuss your request in person with a department supervisor.  



Report a  Neighborhood Concern

Please use the 311 reporting system or click here GF311

Report a Traffic Concern

   Please use the 311 reporting system or click here GF311

Request a Crash Report


ONLINE: Completed crash reports are available at (click here) Docview  Docview adds a convenience fee for this service. The cost for online crash report access will be $13.00.  You will need  the date of the crash and crash report number to purchase a copy online.

GRAND FORKS POLICE DEPARTMENT: Completed crash reports can be picked up at the main window of the Police Department.  A $7.00 fee is charged for each report requested.

North Dakota DOT, you may download a request form at (click here) reports on line You will need to complete the form, print, and mail with a check attached to the address on the form. Fee information is on the form.


Request a Police Report


Copies of Investigative Reports can be obtained during normal business hours. Reports can be picked up at the main window of the Police Department. A $2.00 fee will be charged for each report requested. Release of information will be in accordance with North Dakota’s open records laws and Grand Forks Police Department policies.


Request a Speaker



GFPD officers will provide tours of the police department, certain demonstrations of specialty functions, and presentations on any number of safety or law-enforcement related topics.  Please allow as much notice as possible for scheduling purposes.  If you are wondering about a particular topic or idea, please contact Sgt. Doug Wright.  If you already know the topic, date and time, please complete and submit a Speaker Request Form, located here, to Sgt. Doug Wright.


I want to register my bike


Please call the Records Administration Bureau at 701-787-8000 ext. 1

or fill out the following form and return to the Police Department:

Bike registration


I want a car towed

   If a car has been parked on a street for over 24 hours and has not been moved please contact the Police Department to have it ticketed and later towed.  701-787-8000 ext. 2

I think I have a warrant

   Please call the Police Department and press 701-787-8000 ext. 2 ( PSAP) to verify.

I want to see current road conditions

   North Dakota Road Condition Information

I want to contact the LGBT Liaison officer

Contact Officer Vanessa Richter by email at vrichter@grandforksgov.com or by phone
701-787-8000 and leave a message