Congratulations on your new baby! Breastmilk is one of the most important gifts you can give your baby. Below is a list of resources that Grand Forks Public Health offers to help you meet your breastfeeding goals.
Prenatal and Breastfeeding Home Visits
- Free to all families in Grand Forks County
- Assessments by trained nurses and breastfeeding counselors
- Promoting optimal prenatal care
- Helping moms reach their breastfeeding goals
- Many moms return to the workforce after having a baby. Planning ahead will help you to be successful. The Grand Forks Public Health Department has a free return to work program. Enroll in our free, return to work program where moms receive breastfeeding resources and support upon returning to work.
- Program includes: a free reusable grocery bag, resources on maximizing milk supply and pumping, a follow up phone call or email within one week after your baby’s birth and the first week of your return to work.
- To enroll the free #RTWmama program, click Here.
Milk and Cookies Breastfeeding Clinic
- Our community has a new resource for moms starting January 2018. A free, drop-in breastfeeding clinic is now open every Second and Fourth Tuesday, from 10-11 am at Valley Community Health Centers, 212 S. 4th St. 3rd Floor. Stop in to ask questions, have baby weighed before and after a feeding and meet other moms.