(More information can be found at NDResponse)
The AMBER Plan is a voluntary partnership between law-enforcement agencies and broadcasters to activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child-abduction cases. Broadcasters use Emergency Alert System (EAS), to air a description of the abducted child and suspected abductor. The goal of the AMBER Alert is to instantly alert the entire community to assist in the search and return of the child.
Amber Alert Activation Criteria
1. The abduction involves a child or children 17 years of age or younger;
2. Confirmation by local law enforcement in which the child is believed to be in grave danger
3. Descriptive information about the child, the abductor, and/or suspect's vehicle to assist with the safe recovery of the victim and/or the apprehension of the suspect.
4. Enough information about the child, suspect, and/or suspect's vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help.
Amber Alert Resources
More resources including:
1. Child Safety Tips to Prevent Abductions
2. FAQ, Helpful Links
4. If Your Child Is Missing
5. Parent Recordkeeping
6. Rules for Safety
7. Support for the Plan
8. Wireless Amber Alerts
Can be found on the NDResponse website here- Amber Alert Resources, the links can be found on the side of the page under Amber Alerts.
The Silver Alert system's purpose is to locate an individual identified as a disabled adult, or vulnerable elderly adult, or a minor who has a developmental disability and has been reported to law enforcement authorities as missing.
Silver Alert Activation Criteria
1. The missing person involves a disabled or vulnerable elderly adult who has been reported to law enforcement as missing; or
2. The missing person involves a minor who has developmental disabilities who has been reported to law enforcement as missing; and
3. There is descriptive information about the minor or adult/or motor vehicle involved, to assist with the safe recovery of the person; and
4. There is enough usable information about the person and/or vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast will provide the public with enough descriptive information to help locate the person or vehicle.
The purpose of the Blue Alert Notice System, is to establish a quick response and notice that is issued after an individual has threatened a law enforcement officer with a deadly weapon, used a deadly weapon against a law enforcement office, caused a law enforcement officer to suffer bodily injury or death, or the officer has been abducted or is missing while on duty, and the individual has left the scene of the offense.
Blue Alert Activation Criteria
1. An individual has threatened, injured or abducted an officer on duty.
2. The individual has fled the scene of the offense and a description of the individual or the individual's vehicle is available for broadcast;
3. The law enforcement agency investigating the offense has determined the individual poses a threat to the public or other law enforcement personnel; and
4. Announcement of information to the public may help avert further harm or assist in the apprehension of the suspect.
*Reminder- for more information on Alerts click HERE *