Grand Forks City Offices will be closed on Thursday, March 14, 2019 due to the weather. Essential personnel will operate as scheduled.
Garbage will not be collected on Thursday, March 14th. Thursday's garbage will be picked up on Friday (with Friday's regular route) and Saturday of this week.
Recycling will not be collect on Thursday, March 14th. Thursday's recycling will be picked up on Friday. Friday's recycling will be picked up on Saturday.
Cities Area Transit will start operations at noon on Thursday, March 14th.
The Grand Forks Streets Department has a goal of having the streets cleared 24 hours after it has finished snowing.
Here is the snow plows and sanding trucks priority list:
Plowing/Sanding Route Priorities:
- 1st major arterials (Gateway, DeMers, Washington, Columbia)
- 2nd major arterials, Bus Routes, and Downtown (Cherry, Belmont, etc.)
- 3rd All other streets divided into eleven separate plowing areas.
- Sanitation Department assists by plowing alleys with Payloader
- Streets Department Sign Shop plows public Sidewalks and Bikepaths (Only those which are not private owner's responsibility, approximately 30 miles)