City Offices will be closed on Thursday, February 7, 2019 due to the extreme cold.
Garbage will not be picked up on Wednesday, January 30, 2019. The missed garbage due to the weather will be picked up on Friday and Saturday
Waste Management will not pick up recycling on Thursday, February 7th. Thursday's and Friday's recycling will be picked up on Friday.
Cities Area Transit (CAT), Dial-A-Ride, and Sr. Rider services will be suspended at 6 pm on Thursday, February 7th. Bus service will resume at 6:00 pm on Friday, February 8, 2019
The Grand Forks Streets Department has a goal of having the streets cleared 24 hours after it has finished snowing.
Here is the snow plows and sanding trucks priority list:
Plowing/Sanding Route Priorities:
- 1st major arterials (Gateway, DeMers, Washington, Columbia)
- 2nd major arterials, Bus Routes, and Downtown (Cherry, Belmont, etc.)
- 3rd All other streets divided into eleven separate plowing areas.
- Sanitation Department assists by plowing alleys with Payloader
- Streets Department Sign Shop plows public Sidewalks and Bikepaths (Only those which are not private owner's responsibility, approximately 30 miles)
For more information on the Streets Department Winter Operations CLICK HERE.