City Offices are closed Thursday, January 11, 2018 due to the weather.
There will be no garbage collection on Thursday, January 11, 2018. Thursday's "A" route will be picked up with Friday's schedule. Thursday's "B" route will be picked up on Saturday.
There will be no recycling collection on Thursday, January 11, 2018. Thursday's recycling will be picked up on Friday. Friday's recycling will be picked up on Saturday.
Cities Area Transit (CAT), Dial-A-Ride, and Sr. Rider services will start operations at 10 am on Thursday, January 11, 2018
The Grand Forks Streets Department has a goal of having the streets cleared 24 hours after it has finished snowing.
Here is the snow plows and sanding trucks priority list:
Plowing/Sanding Route Priorities:
- 1st major arterials (Gateway, DeMers, Washington, Columbia)
- 2nd major arterials, Bus Routes, and Downtown (Cherry, Belmont, etc.)
- 3rd All other streets divided into eleven separate plowing areas.
- Sanitation Department assists by plowing alleys with Payloader
- Streets Department Sign Shop plows public Sidewalks and Bikepaths (Only those which are not private owner's responsibility, approximately 30 miles)
For more information on the Streets Department Winter Operations CLICK HERE.