|Airport Authority Board||Volunteer||Open Until Filled||Volunteer|
|Downtown Design Review Board||Volunteer||Open Until Filled||Volunteer|
1. Powers and DutiesSubject to the restrictions of this article, the bureau shall have the power to adopt such policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations as it may determine to be reasonably necessary and/or convenient to promote and market meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To market, promote, advertise, sponsor, and fund events that provide for the promotion of meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To coordinate the efforts of public, private and volunteer agencies involved with the promotion and marketing of meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To purchase and sell supplies, goods, equipment as may be reasonably necessary and/or convenient.
To make and execute contracts and other instruments necessary or convenient to the exercise of the bureau's authority. However, no contract or other instrument shall be entered into by the bureau that exceeds any appropriation or authorization within the annual budget approved by the city council.
To hire and retain personnel and to prescribe their qualifications and fix their compensation; provided however, said personnel shall not be subject to civil service or merit system laws or other laws, ordinances and/or regulations pertaining to the status of municipal employees.
To establish committees, determine committee membership, and delegate powers to such committees, employees, and staff as the bureau sees fit.
To establish and adopt bylaws, policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations as it may determine to be reasonably necessary and/or convenient to the exercise of bureau powers and the implementation of its programs and activities provided that the adoption thereof shall not be in conflict with any city ordinance, policy, procedure, or resolution.
To allocate, spend, grant, or commit funds received by the bureau, including but not limited to, municipal sales tax or other funds appropriated or allocated to the bureau by the city council and hotel-motel tax under Chapter XXII or such other funds or revenues received by the bureau.
To exercise other such powers as delegated by the city council
2. MembershipThe powers and responsibilities of the bureau shall be vested in its nine (9) members who shall be selected as follows: One (1) member shall be selected by the mayor of the City of East Grand Forks; one (1) member shall be selected by the management company of Engelstad Arena; one (1) member shall be selected by the Grand Forks park district commission; one (1) member shall be selected by the president of the University of North Dakota; one (1) member shall be appointed by the chair of the Events Center commission; two (2) members shall be selected by the mayor of the City of Grand Forks, and two (2) members shall be selected by the hotel/motel association.
3. TermsThree (3) years.
- Shawn Clapp, City of Grand Forks Mayor Appointment
- Monica Evavold, City of East Grand Forks-Treasurer
- Duane Hafner, Alerus Center Commission
- Jonathan Hanson, Hotel/Motel Association-President
- Jody Hodgson
- John Janzen, Hotel/Motel Association-1st Vice President
- Monica Musich, City of Grand Forks-Treasurer
- Julie Rygg, Executive Director/Secretary
- Cam Tweeten, Grand Forks Park District
- Fred Wittmann, University of North Dakota
Julie Rygg, Secretary/Executive Director Email
Greater Grand Forks CVB - 746-0444
|City Council||06/18/2018 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM||AG CC 20180618|
|Board of Adjustments Meeting||06/21/2018 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM||AG BOADJ 20180621|
|Special City Council and Committee of the Whole||06/25/2018 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM||Not Included|
|City Council||06/26/2018 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM||AG CC 20180626|
|Grand Forks Events Center Commission||06/27/2018 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||Not Included|
|Airport Authority Board||06/28/2018 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM||Not Included|
|City Council||07/02/2018 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM||Not Included|
|Committee of the Whole||07/09/2018 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM||Not Included|
|GF Historic Preservation Commission||07/10/2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM||Not Included|
|Joint Meeting of City Council and Grand Forks Events Center Commission||07/11/2018 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM||Not Included|
|Grand Forks Events Center Commission - Finance/Renovation Committee - Cancelled||07/11/2018 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Not Included|
|Planning & Zoning Commission||07/11/2018 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM||Not Included|
|EM Board Working Group||07/12/2018 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM||Not Included|
|Civil Service Commission||07/12/2018 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM||Not Included|
|Board of Health||07/12/2018 4:15 PM - 5:00 PM||Not Included|
|Audit Committee||07/16/2018 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM||AG AUD 20180716|
|City Council||07/16/2018 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM||Not Included|
|Base Realignment Impact Committee||07/17/2018 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM||Not Included|
|Committee of the Whole||07/23/2018 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM||Not Included|
|Grand Forks Events Center Commission||07/25/2018 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||Not Included|