To maintain and repair the City’s street and trail system to provide for safe roads for the traveling public.
- To sweep the City streets from April through October to achieve our goal of a clean, dust-free environment, safe driving surfaces, and storm sewer maintenance with a goal of weekly cleaning for all streets in Grand Forks.
- To keep medians/berms mowed along main thoroughfares in Grand Forks.
- To operate the Street Division with safety as a priority, both for the employees and the citizens served.
- To clear the snow and sand the streets when needed throughout the winter months for safe traveling conditions.
- To maintain signs and striping to a level for safe traffic conditions with a goal of striping twice per year.
The Street Division has a number of responsibilities related to ensuring safe City streets for public usage and that proper maintenance is employed to effectively extend their useful life, thereby reducing the cost to citizens. These responsibilities include mowing, pothole patching, crack sealing, sweeping, snow removal, street sanding, alley maintenance, signage and striping.
To contact the Streets Department:
724 N. 47th St.
Grand Forks, ND 58203
email the Streets department