Greenway News for the week of October 1, 2012
PUBLIC NOTICE: Lincoln Drive Park will be closed from 6 AM to 4 PM for the Eastern ND high school cross country invitational meet on Saturday, October 6. The road to the dog park will be available but the disc golf course will be closed to the public.
Ground Up Adventures presents Family Adventure Race: bring the whole family out to ride your bikes, wander through the woods, get a little wet, and use a map and compass to find checkpoints throughout the Greenway! For more details visit www.groundupadventures.com/far.
Engage the Forks is an online community discussion of ideas, thoughts and concerns about our community. Share your ideas, “second” a good idea, or just learn more about opportunities for the future. Check it out at www.EngageTheForks.com. Engage the Forks is a project of NV360, a community visioning project brought to you by the Community Foundation, The Chamber-GF /EGF, and cities of Grand Forks and East Grand Forks.
Greenway & Trail Users Advisory Group meeting
7 PM Tuesday, October 9, 2012
GF Park District, 1210 – 7th Avenue South
Agenda items include:
- Disc golf course at Riverside Park - update
- Disc golf course at Lincoln Drive Park - update
- Boat house along the river - update
- Bocce ball courts – update
- Request for an extension to the north boat ramp - update
- Request for changes and upgrades to the entrance to Christmas in the Park - update
- Trail user visual survey results – Kim
- Technical Committee news – installation of new chairperson
- Share the Road” bicycle campaign – open forum
Residents of Grand Forks and East Grand Forks are welcome to attend this group of Greenway and trail supporters. For past meeting notes and agendas or more information about activities in the Greenway log on to www.grandforksgov.com/greenway.
- Myra Museum – donation of coneflowers for replanting
- Roxanne Achman & Wes Rogers – donation of time to remove donated flowers at Myra Museum
- Xcel Energy – donation of time to replant coneflowers at Sunbeam trail head
- Cub Scout Pack #13 – cleanup at Riverside Park
- All the Adopt-a-Trail volunteer groups
- The North Central River Forecast Center for the donation of a memorial tree