1. Powers and DutiesSubject to the restrictions of this article, the bureau shall have the power to adopt such policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations as it may determine to be reasonably necessary and/or convenient to promote and market meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To market, promote, advertise, sponsor, and fund events that provide for the promotion of meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To coordinate the efforts of public, private and volunteer agencies involved with the promotion and marketing of meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To purchase and sell supplies, goods, equipment as may be reasonably necessary and/or convenient.
To make and execute contracts and other instruments necessary or convenient to the exercise of the bureau's authority. However, no contract or other instrument shall be entered into by the bureau that exceeds any appropriation or authorization within the annual budget approved by the city council.
To hire and retain personnel and to prescribe their qualifications and fix their compensation; provided however, said personnel shall not be subject to civil service or merit system laws or other laws, ordinances and/or regulations pertaining to the status of municipal employees.
To establish committees, determine committee membership, and delegate powers to such committees, employees, and staff as the bureau sees fit.
To establish and adopt bylaws, policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations as it may determine to be reasonably necessary and/or convenient to the exercise of bureau powers and the implementation of its programs and activities provided that the adoption thereof shall not be in conflict with any city ordinance, policy, procedure, or resolution.
To allocate, spend, grant, or commit funds received by the bureau, including but not limited to, municipal sales tax or other funds appropriated or allocated to the bureau by the city council and hotel-motel tax under Chapter XXII or such other funds or revenues received by the bureau.
To exercise other such powers as delegated by the city council
2. MembershipThe powers and responsibilities of the bureau shall be vested in its nine (9) members who shall be selected as follows: One (1) member shall be selected by the mayor of the City of East Grand Forks; one (1) member shall be selected by the management company of Engelstad Arena; one (1) member shall be selected by the Grand Forks park district commission; one (1) member shall be selected by the president of the University of North Dakota; one (1) member shall be appointed by the chair of the Events Center commission; two (2) members shall be selected by the mayor of the City of Grand Forks, and two (2) members shall be selected by the hotel/motel association.
3. TermsThree (3) years.
- Shawn Clapp, City of Grand Forks Mayor Appointment
- Monica Evavold, City of East Grand Forks-Treasurer
- Duane Hafner, Alerus Center Commission
- Jonathan Hanson, Hotel/Motel Association-President
- Jody Hodgson
- John Janzen, Hotel/Motel Association-1st Vice President
- Monica Musich, City of Grand Forks-Treasurer
- Julie Rygg, Executive Director/Secretary
- Cam Tweeten, Grand Forks Park District
- Fred Wittmann, University of North Dakota
Julie Rygg, Secretary/Executive Director Email
Greater Grand Forks CVB - 746-0444
Planning & Zoning Commission
- Date: 06/05/2019 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: City Hall Council Chambers
255 N. 4th Street
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58201
- Video Linkhttps://youtu.be/T88CxdGpFYo
Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting
June 5, 2019, 5:30pm
Grand Forks Council Chambers
____Budke ___Johnson ___Kuhn ___Lee ___Lunski ____Matejcek ___Reichert ___Sande ___ Wasvick
- Reading and Approval of Minutes for May 1, 2019
- Public Hearings, Final Approvals, Petitions,and Minor Changes
3-3 (Public Hearing) Appeal to the PUD (Planned Unit Development) Detailed Development Plan requirements as it relates to landscaping requirements for the property located at 3950 S. Columbia Road. (This item has been withdrawn)
- Communications and Preliminary Approvals
- Reports from the Planning Department
- Other Business
The next regular meeting is July 10, 2019 at 5:30 pm in the City Hall Council Chambers.
** Please note the change in regular meeting date of the 1st Wednesday
of the month due to the Independence Day Holiday**
Any individual requiring special accommodations to allow access or participation at city meetings is
asked to notify the ADA Coordinator (746-2655) of their needs one week prior to the meeting.