The Grand Forks Growth Fund, established in 1987, is the City's Primary economic development financing program. It has been managed since 1995 by the Growth Fund, a Jobs Development Authority with advice from the Growth Fund Committee.
The Grand Forks Growth Fund, a Jobs Development Authority (JDA), through direct and indirect actions, will encourage the creation of new jobs, enhance the economic climate, save existing jobs, create new wealth, enhance the local property tax base, encourage capital investment, improve the quality of life, enhance tourism and local events, promote public, private, or public/private enterprises or partnerships, and diversify the local economy.
The Growth Fund JDA takes final action on recommendations provided by the Growth Fund Committee, a subcommittee to the JDA.
The powers and responsibilities of the authority shall be vested in a board of directors consisting of all members of the Grand Forks City Council and the mayor for the City of Grand Forks.
Meredith Richards Email
Planning & Community Development Department - 701-746-2661
Base Retention and Investment Committee (BRIC)
- Date: 08/20/2019 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Location: City Hall Conference Room A102 (Downstairs)
255 N 4th St
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203
Grand Forks Region
Base Retention and Investment Committee
Date: Tuesday, August 20th - 8:00 am
Location: Grand Forks City Hall - A102
255 N. 4th St, Grand Forks
- Welcome and introductions
- BRIC Coordinator updates
- Grand Forks AFB
- BRIC committee updates
- Round table discussion
Next BRIC meeting
Strategic Plan Goals
- Support & enhance the value of Grand Forks AFB, its infrastructure, and current missions.
- Secure new missions & capabilities for Grand Forks AFB
- Engage the public and private sectors to leverage the assets and infrastructure of Grand Forks AFB for economic diversification opportunities to strengthen the Grand Forks Region and State economies.
- Support Grand Sky, UND and the emerging UAS industry in North Dakota