1. PurposeThere shall be and is hereby created a Board of Appeals consisting of six (6) individuals, who are qualified by experience and training to pass judgment upon matters pertaining to building construction. The Building Official shall be a non-voting, ex-officio member and shall act as Secretary to the Board. The Board of Appeals shall be appointed by the City Council and shall hold meetings as required. The Board may adopt reasonable rules and regulations for conducting activities and investigations. The Board may adopt reasonable rules and regulations for conducting activities and investigations. The Board shall render all decisions and findings in writing with a copy provided to the appellant.
To review, on appeal by the applicant, all requests for exception under this Code which have been reviewed and denied by the Building Official;
To grant exceptions to the requirements of the International Building Code for the repair, rehabilitation or change of occupancy of existing buildings where the planned repairs, rehabilitation or change of occupancy would not otherwise comply with the provisions of the Code. No exception shall be authorized hereunder unless the Board of Appeals finds the following conditions existing: 1. The building was constructed more than twenty-five (25) years before the adoption of the present Code. 2. The Board finds, upon completion of the proposed repair, rehabilitation or change of occupancy will not diminish the safety and welfare of the occupants.
To monitor and evaluate on an ongoing basis, the effectiveness and application of the provisions of Codes and any rules, regulations, or procedures promulgated thereunder to determine their impact on the rehabilitation of existing buildings. Pursuant to this responsibility, the Board of Appeals shall gather information, conduct studies, and make appropriate reports and recommendations related to the application of these provisions, the decisions of the appellate body, and the experience of other jurisdictions.
To adopt guidelines to be used by the Building Official in determining compliance with this chapter.
To recommend to the City Council guidelines to be adopted by the City Council to expand this Code
- Todd Blixt
- Brian Carlson
- James Glick
- Bob Klave
- Scott Meland
- Gene Youngdahl
Bev Collings, 746-2631
- Date: 02/03/2020 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: City Council Chambers
City Hall, 255 N 4th Street
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203
- Video Linkhttps://youtu.be/SzUYM8PrqkQ
GRAND FORKS GROWTH FUND,
A JOBS DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (JDA) AGENDA
Monday, February 3, 2019 – 5:30 p.m.
1. GENERAL BUSINESS: Roll Call
2. JDA ACTION ITEMS: Hold a Public Hearing and Take Action on
2.3 Start-Up Grand Forks Loan Requests:
GRAND FORKS CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday, February 3, 2019 – 5:30 p.m.
(Immediately following JDA)
Notice is hereby given that the Grand Forks City Council will meet on the above date and time, in the City Council Chambers, 255 North Fourth Street, Grand Forks, North Dakota. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the ADA Coordinator at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at 746-2665.
1. GENERAL BUSINESS
1.1 Welcome and Roll Call
1.2 Pledge of Allegiance
1.3 Mayor’s Announcement
2. AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS & PROCLAMATIONS
2.1 Census Update
2.2 Lead and Copper Proposed Rule Change
3. PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SECOND READINGS OF ORDINANCES
(The City Council welcomes your interest and participation in public hearings. If you wish to speak during any public hearing you may do so by completing a speaker card and placing it in the designated box. You may address the Council on matters relevant to the public hearing when called upon by the Mayor. Please keep your remarks to a maximum of three minutes. Always come to the podium and speak into the microphones, as the meeting is being broadcast and recorded.)
4. ACTION ITEMS
(The City Council may consider one or more of the following action items in a single vote. Individual items may be acted upon separately as requested by the Mayor or a member of City Council.)
5. INFORMATION ITEMS
6. CITIZEN REQUESTS
(Anyone wishing to address the City Council on matters within the jurisdiction of the City but that do not appear on the Agenda may do so under Citizen Request. Matters not appearing on the City Council’s Agenda will not receive action at this meeting, but may be referred to staff or a committee. If you wish to speak to the City Council about an item that does not appear on the agenda, you may do so by completing a speaker card and placing it in the designated box at the back of the room. You may address the Council as the Mayor calls upon you during this portion of the meeting. All comments and presentations are to be limited to three minutes or as otherwise established by the City Council. Always come to the podium and speak into the microphone, as the meeting is being broadcast and recorded.)
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND BILLS:
7.2 Minutes - January 6, 2020
8. CITY ADMINISTRATOR COMMENTS
9. MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBER COMMENTS