1. Powers and DutiesSubject to the restrictions of this article, the bureau shall have the power to adopt such policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations as it may determine to be reasonably necessary and/or convenient to promote and market meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To market, promote, advertise, sponsor, and fund events that provide for the promotion of meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To coordinate the efforts of public, private and volunteer agencies involved with the promotion and marketing of meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To purchase and sell supplies, goods, equipment as may be reasonably necessary and/or convenient.
To make and execute contracts and other instruments necessary or convenient to the exercise of the bureau's authority. However, no contract or other instrument shall be entered into by the bureau that exceeds any appropriation or authorization within the annual budget approved by the city council.
To hire and retain personnel and to prescribe their qualifications and fix their compensation; provided however, said personnel shall not be subject to civil service or merit system laws or other laws, ordinances and/or regulations pertaining to the status of municipal employees.
To establish committees, determine committee membership, and delegate powers to such committees, employees, and staff as the bureau sees fit.
To establish and adopt bylaws, policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations as it may determine to be reasonably necessary and/or convenient to the exercise of bureau powers and the implementation of its programs and activities provided that the adoption thereof shall not be in conflict with any city ordinance, policy, procedure, or resolution.
To allocate, spend, grant, or commit funds received by the bureau, including but not limited to, municipal sales tax or other funds appropriated or allocated to the bureau by the city council and hotel-motel tax under Chapter XXII or such other funds or revenues received by the bureau.
To exercise other such powers as delegated by the city council
2. MembershipThe powers and responsibilities of the bureau shall be vested in its nine (9) members who shall be selected as follows: One (1) member shall be selected by the mayor of the City of East Grand Forks; one (1) member shall be selected by the management company of Engelstad Arena; one (1) member shall be selected by the Grand Forks park district commission; one (1) member shall be selected by the president of the University of North Dakota; one (1) member shall be appointed by the chair of the Events Center commission; two (2) members shall be selected by the mayor of the City of Grand Forks, and two (2) members shall be selected by the hotel/motel association.
3. TermsThree (3) years.
- Shawn Clapp, City of Grand Forks Mayor Appointment
- Monica Evavold, City of East Grand Forks-Treasurer
- Duane Hafner, Alerus Center Commission
- Jonathan Hanson, Hotel/Motel Association-President
- Jody Hodgson
- John Janzen, Hotel/Motel Association-1st Vice President
- Monica Musich, City of Grand Forks-Treasurer
- Julie Rygg, Executive Director/Secretary
- Cam Tweeten, Grand Forks Park District
- Fred Wittmann, University of North Dakota
Julie Rygg, Secretary/Executive Director Email
Greater Grand Forks CVB - 746-0444
- Date: 02/03/2020 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: City Council Chambers
City Hall, 255 N 4th Street
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203
- Video Linkhttps://youtu.be/SzUYM8PrqkQ
GRAND FORKS GROWTH FUND,
A JOBS DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (JDA) AGENDA
Monday, February 3, 2019 – 5:30 p.m.
1. GENERAL BUSINESS: Roll Call
2. JDA ACTION ITEMS: Hold a Public Hearing and Take Action on
2.3 Start-Up Grand Forks Loan Requests:
GRAND FORKS CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday, February 3, 2019 – 5:30 p.m.
(Immediately following JDA)
Notice is hereby given that the Grand Forks City Council will meet on the above date and time, in the City Council Chambers, 255 North Fourth Street, Grand Forks, North Dakota. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the ADA Coordinator at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at 746-2665.
1. GENERAL BUSINESS
1.1 Welcome and Roll Call
1.2 Pledge of Allegiance
1.3 Mayor’s Announcement
2. AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS & PROCLAMATIONS
2.1 Census Update
2.2 Lead and Copper Proposed Rule Change
3. PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SECOND READINGS OF ORDINANCES
(The City Council welcomes your interest and participation in public hearings. If you wish to speak during any public hearing you may do so by completing a speaker card and placing it in the designated box. You may address the Council on matters relevant to the public hearing when called upon by the Mayor. Please keep your remarks to a maximum of three minutes. Always come to the podium and speak into the microphones, as the meeting is being broadcast and recorded.)
4. ACTION ITEMS
(The City Council may consider one or more of the following action items in a single vote. Individual items may be acted upon separately as requested by the Mayor or a member of City Council.)
5. INFORMATION ITEMS
6. CITIZEN REQUESTS
(Anyone wishing to address the City Council on matters within the jurisdiction of the City but that do not appear on the Agenda may do so under Citizen Request. Matters not appearing on the City Council’s Agenda will not receive action at this meeting, but may be referred to staff or a committee. If you wish to speak to the City Council about an item that does not appear on the agenda, you may do so by completing a speaker card and placing it in the designated box at the back of the room. You may address the Council as the Mayor calls upon you during this portion of the meeting. All comments and presentations are to be limited to three minutes or as otherwise established by the City Council. Always come to the podium and speak into the microphone, as the meeting is being broadcast and recorded.)
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND BILLS:
7.2 Minutes - January 6, 2020
8. CITY ADMINISTRATOR COMMENTS
9. MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBER COMMENTS