1. PurposeIt is the intent and purpose by adoption of this article and resolution that the regional airport authority is to accommodate the community and region at large with a cohesive governing body or board of commissioners that will provide the policy, structure, zoning, land acquisition, regulations and approval process necessary to oversee the development and management of an airport for the good of the communities and area which it serves. This purpose includes sound fiscal management functions, the adoption and approval of all operating maintenance budgets and capital improvement programs in addition to the appropriate staffing of a professional airport management team. For more information on the Airport Authority, please visit their website by clicking here.
The powers and responsibilities of the regional airport authority shall be vested in a board of commissioners consisting of seven (7) members.
Three (3) members shall be residents of the City of Grand Forks appointed by the Mayor of the City of Grand Forks and confirmed by the Grand Forks City Council.
Two (2) members shall be residents of either the City of Grand Forks and/or the County of Grand Forks and appointed by the Grand Forks County Commission.
One (1) member shall be a member of the Grand Forks City Council, nominated by the President of the Grand Forks City Council and appointed and confirmed by the Grand Forks City Council.
One (1) member shall be a member of the Grand Forks County Commission appointed by the Grand Forks County Commission.
Five (5) years.
- Steve Kuhlman
Term: 5 years - Expires July 31, 2022
- Karl Bollingberg
City Representative, Chair
Term: 5 years - Expires July 1, 2020
- Dane Simonson
Term: 5 years - Expires August 1, 2023
- Jeannie Mock
Term: 5 years - Expires July 31, 2022
- Tim Mutchler
Term: 5 years - Expires July 1,2024
- Rick Meland
Term: 5 years - Expires July 1, 2021
- Gary Malm
Term: 5 years - Expires July 1, 2022
Ryan Riesinger, Executive Director
- Date: 03/02/2020 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: City Council Chambers
City Hall, 255 N 4th Street
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203
- Video Linkhttps://youtu.be/VYEyp_r02X8
GRAND FORKS CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday, March 2, 2020 – 5:30 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that the Grand Forks City Council will meet on the above date and time, in the City Council Chambers, 255 North Fourth Street, Grand Forks, North Dakota. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the ADA Coordinator at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at 746-2665.
1. GENERAL BUSINESS
1.1 Welcome and Roll Call
1.2 Pledge of Allegiance
1.3 Mayor’s Announcement
2. AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS & PROCLAMATIONS
2.1 Presentation – Finance Department: Certificate of Achievement in Financial Reporting for 2018 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2.2 Census Update
2.3 Flood Update
b) Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
3. PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SECOND READINGS OF ORDINANCES
(The City Council welcomes your interest and participation in public hearings. If you wish to speak during any public hearing you may do so by completing a speaker card and placing it in the designated box. You may address the Council on matters relevant to the public hearing when called upon by the Mayor. Please keep your remarks to a maximum of three minutes. Always come to the podium and speak into the microphones, as the meeting is being broadcast and recorded.)
4. ACTION ITEMS
(The City Council may consider one or more of the following action items in a single vote. Individual items may be acted upon separately as requested by the Mayor or a member of City Council.)
4.12 Plans & Specs for Project No. 8098, District No. 739 – Mill/Overlay Shadyridge Court; Project #8124, District #749 – 2020 Mill/Overlay; Project #8158, District #743 – Reconstruct Library Circle (Appr. 300’ west of S Washington to Library Circle)
5. INFORMATION ITEMS
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Anyone wishing to address the City Council on matters within the jurisdiction of the City but that do not appear on the Agenda may do so under Citizen Request. Matters not appearing on the City Council’s Agenda will not receive action at this meeting, but may be referred to staff or a committee. If you wish to speak to the City Council about an item that does not appear on the agenda, you may do so by completing a speaker card and placing it in the designated box at the back of the room. You may address the Council as the Mayor calls upon you during this portion of the meeting. All comments and presentations are to be limited to three minutes or as otherwise established by the City Council. Always come to the podium and speak into the microphone, as the meeting is being broadcast and recorded.)
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND BILLS:
7.2 Minutes - February 18, 2020
8. CITY ADMINISTRATOR COMMENTS
9. MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBER COMMENTS