1. EstablishmentThe City of Grand Forks, the County of Grand Forks and the University of North Dakota through a Joint Powers Agreement establish one Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) in order to provide the most efficient and effective delivery of the public safety and emergency services.
The Grand Forks County PSAP Board shall consist of the following nine members:
- A representative of the Grand Forks County Commission.
- A representative of the Grand Forks City Council.
- Chief of the Grand Forks Police Department, or designee.
- Chief of the Grand Forks Fire Department, or designee.
- Chief of the University of North Dakota Police Department, or designee.
- Grand Forks County Sheriff, or designee.
- A citizen of Grand Forks County to be appointed by the Grand Forks County Commission.
- Director of Altru Hospital Ambulance Services, or designee (non-voting ex officio member).
- PSAP Director (non-voting ex officio member).
3. Responsibilities, Powers and Duties To adopt bylaws and procedural rules.
- To employ and directly supervise a 911 Coordinator/PSAP Director, who shall manage and exercise operational control over the PSAP.
- To exercise administrative approval and oversight of the annual PSAP budget as developed and submitted by the Director.
- To execute and to exercise administrative oversight over any and all contracts or agreements necessary in order to operate, equip, or manage the PSAP, subject to the applicable city of Grand Forks administrative regulations and to the limits of the annual appropriations approved by the Parties.
- To exercise administrative approval and oversight over the Capital Improvements Program (CIP) developed and submitted by the Director.
- To stimulate and encourage long-range planning in order to provide an effective, efficient and responsive public safety communications systems and PSAP.
- Such other responsibilities, powers and duties as may be appropriate and necessary in order to address the public safety communications needs of the public and the Parties.
Each member shall serve until a successor is appointed
- Danny Weigel
Grand Forks City Council representative appointed by City Council
- Cynthia Pic
Grand Forks County Commission Representative appointed by Commission
- Tom Murphy
Citizen of Grand Forks appointed by Grand Forks County Commission
- Eric Plummer
Representative of UND appointed by the President of the University
- Mark Nelson
Designee of GF Chief of Police
Member from an Operational Department of the City of Grand Forks
GF Police Department appointed by the Mayor
- Andy Schneider
GF County Sheriff's Office representative
- Becky Ault
- Tim Nesdahl
Grand Forks EMS
- Debbie Hoverson
PSAP Admin Specialist Sr.
- Pete O'Neill
Grand Forks Fire Dept Chairman
Committee of the Whole
- Date: 02/10/2020 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: City Council Chambers
City Hall, 255 N 4th Street
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota 58203
- Video Linkhttps://youtu.be/NYx9VesZJI8
GRAND FORKS CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Committee of the Whole
Monday, February 10, 2020 – 5:30 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that the Grand Forks City Council will meet on the above date and time, in the City Council Chambers, 255 North Fourth Street, Grand Forks, North Dakota. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the ADA coordinator at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at 746-2665.
1. CALL TO ORDER:
1.1 Welcome and Roll Call:
2. DISCUSSION ITEMS:
2.1 Request for transfer of Class 4 (Food & Beverage) Alcoholic Beverage License from Grand Forks Restaurants, LLC (dba Wild Hog Smokehouse Bar and Grill) to Harry’s on DeMers, LLC (dba Harry’s on DeMers)
2.2 Request from BGF, Inc (dba Vinyl Taco) to change the class of the Alcoholic Beverage License from a Class 1 (General On- and/or Off-Sale) Alcoholic Beverage License to a Class 4 (Food & Beverage) Alcoholic Beverage License
2.5 Create Special Assessment District for Project No. 8098, District No. 739, Mill & Overlay on Shadyridge Ct; Project No. 8124, District No. 749, 2020 Mill & Overlay and Project No. 8158, District No. 743, Reconstruct Library Circle
3. OTHER BUSINESS: