1. EstablishmentThe City of Grand Forks, the County of Grand Forks and the University of North Dakota through a Joint Powers Agreement establish one Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) in order to provide the most efficient and effective delivery of the public safety and emergency services.
The Grand Forks County PSAP Board shall consist of the following nine members:
- A representative of the Grand Forks County Commission.
- A representative of the Grand Forks City Council.
- Chief of the Grand Forks Police Department, or designee.
- Chief of the Grand Forks Fire Department, or designee.
- Chief of the University of North Dakota Police Department, or designee.
- Grand Forks County Sheriff, or designee.
- A citizen of Grand Forks County to be appointed by the Grand Forks County Commission.
- Director of Altru Hospital Ambulance Services, or designee (non-voting ex officio member).
- PSAP Director (non-voting ex officio member).
3. Responsibilities, Powers and Duties To adopt bylaws and procedural rules.
- To employ and directly supervise a 911 Coordinator/PSAP Director, who shall manage and exercise operational control over the PSAP.
- To exercise administrative approval and oversight of the annual PSAP budget as developed and submitted by the Director.
- To execute and to exercise administrative oversight over any and all contracts or agreements necessary in order to operate, equip, or manage the PSAP, subject to the applicable city of Grand Forks administrative regulations and to the limits of the annual appropriations approved by the Parties.
- To exercise administrative approval and oversight over the Capital Improvements Program (CIP) developed and submitted by the Director.
- To stimulate and encourage long-range planning in order to provide an effective, efficient and responsive public safety communications systems and PSAP.
- Such other responsibilities, powers and duties as may be appropriate and necessary in order to address the public safety communications needs of the public and the Parties.
Each member shall serve until a successor is appointed
- Danny Weigel
Grand Forks City Council representative appointed by City Council
- Cynthia Pic
Grand Forks County Commission Representative appointed by Commission
- Tom Murphy
Citizen of Grand Forks appointed by Grand Forks County Commission
- Eric Plummer
Representative of UND appointed by the President of the University
- Mark Nelson
Grand Forks Chief of Police
- Andy Schneider
GF County Sheriff's Office representative
- Becky Ault
- Tim Nesdahl
Grand Forks EMS
- Debbie Hoverson
PSAP Admin Specialist Sr.
- Gary Lorenz
Grand Forks Fire Chief
Committee of the Whole
- Date: 07/13/2020 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: City Council Chambers
City Hall, 255 N 4th Street
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota 58203
GRAND FORKS CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Committee of the Whole
Monday, July 13, 2020 – 5:30 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will meet at the above date, time and place. Members of the Grand Forks City Council may be attending this meeting in person, electronically or telephonically. All in person participation will be conducted in accordance with COVID-19 precautions including social distancing modifications as recommended by the CDC, the North Dakota Department of Health and/or the Grand Forks Public Health Department. Limited space is available for public attendance.
Members of the public may view the live airing of the City Council meeting on Grand Forks Channel 2 or streamed live through the City’s Facebook page at facebook.com/cityofgrandforks. Any member of the public seeking to submit comments relating to an agenda item or public hearing without appearing in person should submit their comments to www.grandforksgov.com/councilcomments or call 701-746-2664 for further information. All comments received prior to 5:00 p.m. on the meeting date will be considered part of the record of the meeting as if personally presented.
Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the ADA Coordinator at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at 746-2665.
1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1 Welcome and Roll Call
2. DISCUSSION ITEMS
2.1 Request from Grand Forks Grill, LLC, dba Wild Bill’s Sports Saloon for a change from their Class 4 (Food & Beverage) Alcoholic Beverage License to a Class 1 (General On /Off Sale) Alcoholic Beverage License
2.12 FY 2020 Budget Update, FY 2021 Proposed Salary and Benefits, and FY 2021 Proposed Mayor’s Budget Preview