1. PurposeThere shall be and is hereby created a Board of Appeals consisting of six (6) individuals, who are qualified by experience and training to pass judgment upon matters pertaining to building construction. The Building Official shall be a non-voting, ex-officio member and shall act as Secretary to the Board. The Board of Appeals shall be appointed by the City Council and shall hold meetings as required. The Board may adopt reasonable rules and regulations for conducting activities and investigations. The Board may adopt reasonable rules and regulations for conducting activities and investigations. The Board shall render all decisions and findings in writing with a copy provided to the appellant.
To review, on appeal by the applicant, all requests for exception under this Code which have been reviewed and denied by the Building Official;
To grant exceptions to the requirements of the International Building Code for the repair, rehabilitation or change of occupancy of existing buildings where the planned repairs, rehabilitation or change of occupancy would not otherwise comply with the provisions of the Code. No exception shall be authorized hereunder unless the Board of Appeals finds the following conditions existing: 1. The building was constructed more than twenty-five (25) years before the adoption of the present Code. 2. The Board finds, upon completion of the proposed repair, rehabilitation or change of occupancy will not diminish the safety and welfare of the occupants.
To monitor and evaluate on an ongoing basis, the effectiveness and application of the provisions of Codes and any rules, regulations, or procedures promulgated thereunder to determine their impact on the rehabilitation of existing buildings. Pursuant to this responsibility, the Board of Appeals shall gather information, conduct studies, and make appropriate reports and recommendations related to the application of these provisions, the decisions of the appellate body, and the experience of other jurisdictions.
To adopt guidelines to be used by the Building Official in determining compliance with this chapter.
To recommend to the City Council guidelines to be adopted by the City Council to expand this Code
- Alicia Fadley - Term expires June 24, 2022
- Brian Carlson - Term expires June 1, 2022
- Steve Johnson - term expires June 24, 2022
- Scott Meland - Term expires June 1, 2022
- Bob Klave - Term expires June 1, 2022
Bev Collings, 746-2631
Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting
- Date: 07/01/2020 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Council Chambers, City Hall
255 N 4th Street
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203
- Video Linkhttps://youtu.be/zt53Dy3OHE0
Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting
July 1, 2020, 5:30 pm
Notice is hereby given that the Planning and Zoning Commission will meet at the above date and time. City Hall and Council Chambers are now open to the public. However due to the on-going COVID-19 public health concerns, members of the Planning and Zoning Commission and staff may be attending this meeting in person while abiding by social distancing guidelines set by the CDC, attending electronically or attending by phone.
Members of the public may view the live airing of the Commission meeting on Grand Forks Channel 2 or streamed live through the City’s Facebook page at facebook.com/cityofgrandforks. Any member of the public seeking to submit comments relating to an Agenda item or public hearing may do so in person at the meeting or should submit their comments to www.grandforksgov.com/councilcomments or call 701-746-2661 for further information. All online comments received prior to 5:00 p.m. on the meeting day will be considered part of the record of the meeting as if personally presented.
- Roll Call
____Budke ___Johnson ___Kuhn ___Lunski ____Matejcek ___Reichert ___Sande ___ Wasvick
- Reading and Approval of Minutes for March 4, 2020 (previously tabled)
And Reading and Approval of Minutes for June 3, 2020.
- Public Hearings, Final Approvals, Petitions,and Minor Changes
3-2 Plat of Crary’s 11th Addition and Ordinance dedicating Right of Way located at 900 block of David Drive (west of Cherry Street, south of 58th Ave S). Applicant has withdrawn the application.
- Communications and Preliminary Approvals
- Reports from the Planning Department
- Other Business
Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the ADA Coordinator at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at 746-2665.