The Executive Policy Committee shall prepare and adopt a Plan and recommend policies for the development of the area. The Plan shall be based on existing conditions and probable future growth and shall be made with the general purpose of guiding a coordinated and harmonious development that will promote the health, safety and general welfare of the inhabitants. The Plan shall also seek to promote efficiency and economy in the process of land development and population distribution so as to reduce the waste of resources; and it shall promote an efficient and economic utilization and conservation of the means of production of food and water, of sanitary and other facilities and of natural resources and transportation.
The Executive Policy Committee shall act as the official area-wide planning agency for the Metropolitan Area and shall be designated as a consortium of governments for federal legislation dealing with transportation, land use, and any other issue deemed appropriate by their respective governing bodies and as the official Area Planning Organization as required by the United States Department of Transportation and other agencies.
2. MembershipThe Executive Policy Committee shall consist of at least two-thirds elected officials and each member unit of government shall be allowed voting representation as follows:
Two elected officials from the Grand Forks City Council;
Two elected officials from the East Grand Forks City Council;
One member each from the Grand Forks and Polk County Commissions;
One member each representing the Grand Forks and East Grand Forks City Planning Commissions;
Representatives shall be appointed by the respective bodies they are to represent.
3. TermsMembers of the Policy Committee shall serve for a term of two (2) years except that members of the respective governing bodies holding memberships by virtue of their elected positions shall hold office only during their respective terms of office.
- Gary Malm - Grand Forks County
- Ken Vein -Grand Forks City Council
- Warren Strandell - Polk County
- Al Grasser - Grand Forks P&Z
- Marc DeMers - East Grand Forks City Council
- Michael Powers - East Grand Forks P&Z
- Jeannie Mock - Grand Forks City Council
- Clarence Vetter - East Grand Forks City Council
Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting
- Date: 08/05/2020 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Council Chambers, City Hall
255 N 4th Street
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203
Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting
August 5, 2020, 5:30 pm
Notice is hereby given that the Planning and Zoning Commission will meet at the above date and time. City Hall and Council Chambers are now open to the public. However due to the on-going COVID-19 public health concerns, members of the Planning and Zoning Commission and staff may be attending this meeting in person while abiding by social distancing guidelines set by the CDC, attending electronically or attending by phone.
Members of the public may view the live airing of the Commission meeting on Grand Forks Channel 2 or streamed live through the City’s Facebook page at facebook.com/cityofgrandforks. Any member of the public seeking to submit comments relating to an Agenda item or public hearing may do so in person at the meeting or should submit their comments to www.grandforksgov.com/councilcomments or call 701-746-2661 for further information. All online comments received prior to 5:00 p.m. on the meeting day will be considered part of the record of the meeting as if personally presented.
- Roll Call
____Budke ___Johnson ___Kuhn ___Lunski ____Matejcek ___Reichert ___Sande ___ Wasvick
- Reading and Approval of Minutes for July 1, 2020 meeting.
- Public Hearings, Final Approvals, Petitions,and Minor Changes
3-2 (Public Hearing) Ordinance to Amend Zoning Map – Rezone Lot 1, Block 1, Grand Cities Mall Resubdivision from B-2 (Shopping Center) District to B-3 (General Business) District, located at 1900 S Washington St.
3-8 (Public Hearing – Fast Track) Replat of Lots CC & DD, Block 2 of a Replat of Lots 9-11, Block 2 and Lot 8, Block 2 of Highland Point Fifth Resubdivision, located on the 3800-3900 block of South Washington Street.
- Communications and Preliminary Approvals
- Reports from the Planning Department
- Other Business
Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the ADA Coordinator at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at 746-2665.