1. EstablishmentThe City of Grand Forks, the County of Grand Forks and the University of North Dakota through a Joint Powers Agreement establish one Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) in order to provide the most efficient and effective delivery of the public safety and emergency services.
The Grand Forks County PSAP Board shall consist of the following nine members:
- A representative of the Grand Forks County Commission.
- A representative of the Grand Forks City Council.
- Chief of the Grand Forks Police Department, or designee.
- Chief of the Grand Forks Fire Department, or designee.
- Chief of the University of North Dakota Police Department, or designee.
- Grand Forks County Sheriff, or designee.
- A citizen of Grand Forks County to be appointed by the Grand Forks County Commission.
- Director of Altru Hospital Ambulance Services, or designee (non-voting ex officio member).
- PSAP Director (non-voting ex officio member).
3. Responsibilities, Powers and Duties To adopt bylaws and procedural rules.
- To employ and directly supervise a 911 Coordinator/PSAP Director, who shall manage and exercise operational control over the PSAP.
- To exercise administrative approval and oversight of the annual PSAP budget as developed and submitted by the Director.
- To execute and to exercise administrative oversight over any and all contracts or agreements necessary in order to operate, equip, or manage the PSAP, subject to the applicable city of Grand Forks administrative regulations and to the limits of the annual appropriations approved by the Parties.
- To exercise administrative approval and oversight over the Capital Improvements Program (CIP) developed and submitted by the Director.
- To stimulate and encourage long-range planning in order to provide an effective, efficient and responsive public safety communications systems and PSAP.
- Such other responsibilities, powers and duties as may be appropriate and necessary in order to address the public safety communications needs of the public and the Parties.
Each member shall serve until a successor is appointed
- Crystal Schneider
Grand Forks City Council representative appointed by City Council
- Cynthia Pic
Grand Forks County Commission Representative appointed by Commission
- Harold Rohde
Citizen of Grand Forks appointed by Grand Forks County Commission
- Eric Plummer
Representative of UND appointed by the President of the University
- Mark Nelson
Designee of GF Chief of Police
Member from an Operational Department of the City of Grand Forks
GF Police Department appointed by the Mayor
- Bob Rost
GF County Sheriff's Office representative
- Becky Ault
- Art Culver
Grand Forks EMS
- Debbie Hoverson
PSAP Admin Specialist Sr.
- Pete O'Neill
Grand Forks Fire Dept Chairman
Site Protection through Observational Techniques (AWR-219)
- Date: 02/27/2020 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Thursday, February 27, 2020 from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Technology Accelerator building, 4201 James Ray Drive, Grand Forks.
Emergency responders, security professionals, security support staff, and the public must work together to identify suspicious objects, substances, and people. This course trains public safety personnel to improve their observational techniques by using a four-step ongoing screening process that includes increasing protective awareness, identifying preoperational behaviors, evaluating, and taking action. Participants will use fictional scenarios to examine each step of the process.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to better recognize, communicate, and act upon suspicious behaviors that could indicate a terrorist attack.
Professional Disciplines: Law Enforcement, Public Safety Communications, Transportation Security, Private Sector/Corporate Security and Safety Professionals
The target audience for the Direct Delivery version of this course is public safety personnel or other personnel who have extensive contact with the public.
This course is completely FREE of charge and N.D. Post approved for law enforcement officers. You will need to bring your FEMA SID number with you to class. (https://cdp.dhs.gov/FEMASID)
Contact me with any questions
Director of Emergency Management
Office of Emergency Management
Department of Public Safety
University of North Dakota
3851 Campus Road Stop 9031
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58202-9031