1. PurposeThere shall be and is hereby created a Board of Appeals consisting of six (6) individuals, who are qualified by experience and training to pass judgment upon matters pertaining to building construction. The Building Official shall be a non-voting, ex-officio member and shall act as Secretary to the Board. The Board of Appeals shall be appointed by the City Council and shall hold meetings as required. The Board may adopt reasonable rules and regulations for conducting activities and investigations. The Board may adopt reasonable rules and regulations for conducting activities and investigations. The Board shall render all decisions and findings in writing with a copy provided to the appellant.
To review, on appeal by the applicant, all requests for exception under this Code which have been reviewed and denied by the Building Official;
To grant exceptions to the requirements of the International Building Code for the repair, rehabilitation or change of occupancy of existing buildings where the planned repairs, rehabilitation or change of occupancy would not otherwise comply with the provisions of the Code. No exception shall be authorized hereunder unless the Board of Appeals finds the following conditions existing: 1. The building was constructed more than twenty-five (25) years before the adoption of the present Code. 2. The Board finds, upon completion of the proposed repair, rehabilitation or change of occupancy will not diminish the safety and welfare of the occupants.
To monitor and evaluate on an ongoing basis, the effectiveness and application of the provisions of Codes and any rules, regulations, or procedures promulgated thereunder to determine their impact on the rehabilitation of existing buildings. Pursuant to this responsibility, the Board of Appeals shall gather information, conduct studies, and make appropriate reports and recommendations related to the application of these provisions, the decisions of the appellate body, and the experience of other jurisdictions.
To adopt guidelines to be used by the Building Official in determining compliance with this chapter.
To recommend to the City Council guidelines to be adopted by the City Council to expand this Code
- Alicia Fadley - Term expires June 24, 2022
- Brian Carlson - Term expires June 1, 2022
- Steve Johnson - term expires June 24, 2022
- Scott Meland - Term expires June 1, 2022
- Bob Klave - Term expires June 1, 2022
Bev Collings, 746-2631
Civil Service Commission
- Date: 06/11/2020 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
MEMO TO: Margo Svoboda, Commissioner
Keith Reitmeier, Commissioner
James Vanyo, Chairperson
Wayne Burlog, Vice-Chairperson
Patsy Nies, Commissioner
FROM: Tangee Bouvette, Human Resources Director
RE: Civil Service Commission June Meeting Agenda via Phone
Notice is hereby given that the Civil Service Commission will meet on the above date and time. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, City Hall is currently closed to the public. Members of the Civil Service Commission may be attending this meeting electronically or telephonically. This meeting will be conducted with social distancing modifications consistent with the recommendations of the CDC. In person attendance at the meeting by the public will not be allowed.
Members of the public may call (701) 746-2662 to receive the telephone number to call in or the website to join via electronically. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the ADA Coordinator at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at 746-2665.
Following is the proposed agenda for the Grand Forks Civil Service Commission Meeting which is scheduled for 3:30 PM on Thursday, June 11, 2020 via telephone. Please contact us at 746-2662 if you are unable to attend.
GRAND FORKS CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
June Meeting via Phone
June 11th, 2020, 3:30 PM
Call to Order
Approval of Minutes
March 24th, 2020
March 25th, 2020
Temporary Selection Criteria Change
Extension of Probation Adjourn
Any individual requiring a special accommodation to allow access or participation at a City meeting is asked to notify the ADA Coordinator (746-2667) of his/her needs. Also, materials can be provided in alternative formats: large print, Braille, cassette tape, or on computer disk for people with disabilities or with limited English proficiency (LEP) by contacting the ADA Coordinator (746-2667).