1. Powers and DutiesSubject to the restrictions of this article, the bureau shall have the power to adopt such policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations as it may determine to be reasonably necessary and/or convenient to promote and market meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To market, promote, advertise, sponsor, and fund events that provide for the promotion of meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To coordinate the efforts of public, private and volunteer agencies involved with the promotion and marketing of meetings, conventions, trade shows, sporting events, artistic productions, tourism and leisure travel in the Greater Grand Forks area.
To purchase and sell supplies, goods, equipment as may be reasonably necessary and/or convenient.
To make and execute contracts and other instruments necessary or convenient to the exercise of the bureau's authority. However, no contract or other instrument shall be entered into by the bureau that exceeds any appropriation or authorization within the annual budget approved by the city council.
To hire and retain personnel and to prescribe their qualifications and fix their compensation; provided however, said personnel shall not be subject to civil service or merit system laws or other laws, ordinances and/or regulations pertaining to the status of municipal employees.
To establish committees, determine committee membership, and delegate powers to such committees, employees, and staff as the bureau sees fit.
To establish and adopt bylaws, policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations as it may determine to be reasonably necessary and/or convenient to the exercise of bureau powers and the implementation of its programs and activities provided that the adoption thereof shall not be in conflict with any city ordinance, policy, procedure, or resolution.
To allocate, spend, grant, or commit funds received by the bureau, including but not limited to, municipal sales tax or other funds appropriated or allocated to the bureau by the city council and hotel-motel tax under Chapter XXII or such other funds or revenues received by the bureau.
To exercise other such powers as delegated by the city council
2. MembershipThe powers and responsibilities of the bureau shall be vested in its nine (9) members who shall be selected as follows: One (1) member shall be selected by the mayor of the City of East Grand Forks; one (1) member shall be selected by the management company of Engelstad Arena; one (1) member shall be selected by the Grand Forks park district commission; one (1) member shall be selected by the president of the University of North Dakota; one (1) member shall be appointed by the chair of the Events Center commission; two (2) members shall be selected by the mayor of the City of Grand Forks, and two (2) members shall be selected by the hotel/motel association.
3. TermsThree (3) years.
- Shawn Clapp, City of Grand Forks Mayor Appointment
- Monica Evavold, City of East Grand Forks
- Duane Hafner, Alerus Center Commission
- Jonathan Hanson, Hotel/Motel Association-President
- Jody Hodgson, Ralph Engelstad Arena
- John Janzen, Hotel/Motel Association-1st Vice President
- Monica Musich, City of Grand Forks Mayor Appointment
- Julie Rygg, Executive Director/Secretary
- Cam Tweeten, Grand Forks Park District
- Fred Wittmann, University of North Dakota
Julie Rygg, Secretary/Executive Director Email
Greater Grand Forks CVB - 746-0444
Civil Service Commission
- Date: 06/11/2020 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
MEMO TO: Margo Svoboda, Commissioner
Keith Reitmeier, Commissioner
James Vanyo, Chairperson
Wayne Burlog, Vice-Chairperson
Patsy Nies, Commissioner
FROM: Tangee Bouvette, Human Resources Director
RE: Civil Service Commission June Meeting Agenda via Phone
Notice is hereby given that the Civil Service Commission will meet on the above date and time. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, City Hall is currently closed to the public. Members of the Civil Service Commission may be attending this meeting electronically or telephonically. This meeting will be conducted with social distancing modifications consistent with the recommendations of the CDC. In person attendance at the meeting by the public will not be allowed.
Members of the public may call (701) 746-2662 to receive the telephone number to call in or the website to join via electronically. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the ADA Coordinator at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at 746-2665.
Following is the proposed agenda for the Grand Forks Civil Service Commission Meeting which is scheduled for 3:30 PM on Thursday, June 11, 2020 via telephone. Please contact us at 746-2662 if you are unable to attend.
GRAND FORKS CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
June Meeting via Phone
June 11th, 2020, 3:30 PM
Call to Order
Approval of Minutes
March 24th, 2020
March 25th, 2020
Temporary Selection Criteria Change
Extension of Probation Adjourn
Any individual requiring a special accommodation to allow access or participation at a City meeting is asked to notify the ADA Coordinator (746-2667) of his/her needs. Also, materials can be provided in alternative formats: large print, Braille, cassette tape, or on computer disk for people with disabilities or with limited English proficiency (LEP) by contacting the ADA Coordinator (746-2667).