The Executive Policy Committee shall prepare and adopt a Plan and recommend policies for the development of the area. The Plan shall be based on existing conditions and probable future growth and shall be made with the general purpose of guiding a coordinated and harmonious development that will promote the health, safety and general welfare of the inhabitants. The Plan shall also seek to promote efficiency and economy in the process of land development and population distribution so as to reduce the waste of resources; and it shall promote an efficient and economic utilization and conservation of the means of production of food and water, of sanitary and other facilities and of natural resources and transportation.
The Executive Policy Committee shall act as the official area-wide planning agency for the Metropolitan Area and shall be designated as a consortium of governments for federal legislation dealing with transportation, land use, and any other issue deemed appropriate by their respective governing bodies and as the official Area Planning Organization as required by the United States Department of Transportation and other agencies.
2. MembershipThe Executive Policy Committee shall consist of at least two-thirds elected officials and each member unit of government shall be allowed voting representation as follows:
Two elected officials from the Grand Forks City Council;
Two elected officials from the East Grand Forks City Council;
One member each from the Grand Forks and Polk County Commissions;
One member each representing the Grand Forks and East Grand Forks City Planning Commissions;
Representatives shall be appointed by the respective bodies they are to represent.
3. TermsMembers of the Policy Committee shall serve for a term of two (2) years except that members of the respective governing bodies holding memberships by virtue of their elected positions shall hold office only during their respective terms of office.
- Gary Malm - Grand Forks County
- Ken Vein -Grand Forks City Council
- Warren Strandell - Polk County
- Al Grasser - Grand Forks P&Z
- Marc DeMers - East Grand Forks City Council
- Michael Powers - East Grand Forks P&Z
- Jeannie Mock - Grand Forks City Council
- Clarence Vetter - East Grand Forks City Council
Partner Event: Making Sure Your Unemployed Workers are Taken Care of - Chamber COVID Business Response Series
- Date: 04/03/2020 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/my/gfkbusiness
Grand Forks and East Grand Forks Chamber is organizing a series of COVID19 Business Response Resources. Each session will have 2-3 panelist that will provide a brief overview of their respective areas and the remainder will be open for questions from attendees. Please come with your questions, we're here to help!
Making sure your unemployed workers are taken care of – Friday, April 3, 1-2pm
Everything you need to know about Unemployment Resources and how to stay connected with employees so they come back to work when this is over