1. EstablishmentThe City of Grand Forks and the County of Grand Forks through a Joint Powers Agreement establish a combined emergency management agency.
2. AdministrationThe agency shall be managed by a board to be known as the Emergency Management Board. The Board shall consist of: a member of the County Commission, appointed by the County Commission; a member of the City Council, appointed by the City Council, and a representative of the public, whose appointment shall be jointly concurred with by the County Commission and the City Council.
3. Powers and Duties
To plan for and implement the establishment of the agency;
To plan for and implement the emergency management systems, including emergency mitigation, preparation, response and recovery functions and activities for all emergencies and disasters, whether natural or man-made;
To develop a plan for the administration and management of the Emergency Management Agency;
To establish and develop policies governing day to day operations of the agency;
To prepare an annual budget for approval by the City and County;
To employ an Emergency Manager and staff necessary to operate or manage the agency, subject to the limits of annual appropriations and authority approved by the City and County;
To enter into contracts for the purchase, lease and sale of equipment and/or services necessary to carry out its powers and duties, subject to the limits of annual appropriations and authority as approved by the City and County;
To plan for future needs of the City and County in relation to emergency services and Emergency Management and make appropriate recommendations to the City and County;
To assure that emergency operational plans are developed to effectively serve the citizens within the agency’s jurisdiction;
To submit an annual report of all functions, activities, and recommendations for consideration by the City and County;
To prepare and submit such grant applications for local, state, federal or other funding which may be available for the administration, operation and management of the Emergency Management program;
Such other powers and duties as may be assigned from time to time by the City and County.
- Danny Weigel - Term expires January 1, 2021
Grand Forks City Council Representative
- Diane Knauf
Grand Forks County Commission Representative
- Leah Ista- Term expires March 3, 2022
Representative of the Public
- Michelle Rakoczy - Term expires March 6, 2021
Representative of the Public
- Heather Everson - Term expires March 6, 2021
Representative of the Public
Board of Adjustments
- Date: 04/15/2020 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Location: City Hall
255 N 4TH STREET
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota 58203
Board of Adjustment Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the City of Grand Forks Board of Adjustments will conduct a public hearing on Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 at 4:00 PM, to consider the appeals below.
Members of the Grand Forks Board of Adjustments may be attending this meeting electronically or telephonically. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, City Hall is currently closed to the public. This meeting will be conducted with social distancing modifications consistent with the recommendations of the CDC. In person attendance at the meeting by the public will not be allowed.
Members of the public may view the live airing of the Grand Forks Board of Adjustments meeting on Grand Forks Channel 2 or streamed live through the City’s Facebook page at facebook.com/cityofgrandforks. Any member of the public seeking to submit comments relating to an Agenda item or public hearing should submit their comments to Bev Collings at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-746-2639 for further information. All comments received prior to 3:00 p.m. on the meeting day will be considered part of the record of the meeting as if personally presented.
- Mark and Alyssa Barclay, 118 Desiree Dr., has made a request for variance to the impervious surface area coverage and accessory building requirements [Sections 18-0209(7) and 18-0305 of the Land Development Code] in order to construct an a Pool and Accessory Building.Legal Description: Lot D, Block 1 Shady Ridge Estates Eighth Re-subdivision.
- Mike McLean of JLG Architects on behalf of University of North Dakota, 3125 University Ave., has made a request for variance to the front yard setback requirements [Sections 18-0221 (8) of the Land Development Code] in order to align the new building with other campus buildings.Legal Description: Unplatted Parts Grand Forks Township, University Campus SE ½ Se ¼5-151-50 Less RR RW.
- Adam Anvarinia on behalf of Premiere Homes & Builders, LLP, 950 Lindsey Lane, has made a request for variance to the impervious surface area coverage and accessory building requirements [Sections 18-0209(7) and 18-0305 of the Land Development Code] in order to build an accessory building.Legal Description: Lot 6, Block 1 TJ’s Second Addition.
- Adam Anvarinia on behalf of Premiere Homes & Builders, LLP, 508 Cherry St., has made a request for variance to the impervious surface and side yard setback requirements [Sections Sections 18-0209(7) and 18-0211(9) of the Land Development Code] in order to develop the property.Legal Description: Lot 4 & N. ½ Lot 5, Block 15 Holes Central Addition.
- Tony Anderson on behalf of Kenneth Hanson, 1011 N. 4th St., has made a request for variance to the accessory building requirements [Section 18-0305 of the Land Development Code] in order to build an accessory building.Legal Description: Lot 12-Part of McCormack’s Block 45 1st and 2nd Addition Partly Lots.
Any individual requiring a special accommodation is asked to notify the ADA Coordinator (746-2665) of their needs one week prior to meeting date.
BY ORDERS OF THE CITY OF GRAND FORKS
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENTS