The Executive Policy Committee shall prepare and adopt a Plan and recommend policies for the development of the area. The Plan shall be based on existing conditions and probable future growth and shall be made with the general purpose of guiding a coordinated and harmonious development that will promote the health, safety and general welfare of the inhabitants. The Plan shall also seek to promote efficiency and economy in the process of land development and population distribution so as to reduce the waste of resources; and it shall promote an efficient and economic utilization and conservation of the means of production of food and water, of sanitary and other facilities and of natural resources and transportation.
The Executive Policy Committee shall act as the official area-wide planning agency for the Metropolitan Area and shall be designated as a consortium of governments for federal legislation dealing with transportation, land use, and any other issue deemed appropriate by their respective governing bodies and as the official Area Planning Organization as required by the United States Department of Transportation and other agencies.
2. MembershipThe Executive Policy Committee shall consist of at least two-thirds elected officials and each member unit of government shall be allowed voting representation as follows:
Two elected officials from the Grand Forks City Council;
Two elected officials from the East Grand Forks City Council;
One member each from the Grand Forks and Polk County Commissions;
One member each representing the Grand Forks and East Grand Forks City Planning Commissions;
Representatives shall be appointed by the respective bodies they are to represent.
3. TermsMembers of the Policy Committee shall serve for a term of two (2) years except that members of the respective governing bodies holding memberships by virtue of their elected positions shall hold office only during their respective terms of office.
- Gary Malm - Grand Forks County
- Ken Vein -Grand Forks City Council
- Warren Strandell - Polk County
- Al Grasser - Grand Forks P&Z
- Marc DeMers - East Grand Forks City Council
- Michael Powers - East Grand Forks P&Z
- Jeannie Mock - Grand Forks City Council
- Clarence Vetter - East Grand Forks City Council
Board of Adjustments
- Date: 04/15/2020 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Location: City Hall
255 N 4TH STREET
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota 58203
Board of Adjustment Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the City of Grand Forks Board of Adjustments will conduct a public hearing on Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 at 4:00 PM, to consider the appeals below.
Members of the Grand Forks Board of Adjustments may be attending this meeting electronically or telephonically. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, City Hall is currently closed to the public. This meeting will be conducted with social distancing modifications consistent with the recommendations of the CDC. In person attendance at the meeting by the public will not be allowed.
Members of the public may view the live airing of the Grand Forks Board of Adjustments meeting on Grand Forks Channel 2 or streamed live through the City’s Facebook page at facebook.com/cityofgrandforks. Any member of the public seeking to submit comments relating to an Agenda item or public hearing should submit their comments to Bev Collings at email@example.com or call 701-746-2639 for further information. All comments received prior to 3:00 p.m. on the meeting day will be considered part of the record of the meeting as if personally presented.
- Mark and Alyssa Barclay, 118 Desiree Dr., has made a request for variance to the impervious surface area coverage and accessory building requirements [Sections 18-0209(7) and 18-0305 of the Land Development Code] in order to construct an a Pool and Accessory Building.Legal Description: Lot D, Block 1 Shady Ridge Estates Eighth Re-subdivision.
- Mike McLean of JLG Architects on behalf of University of North Dakota, 3125 University Ave., has made a request for variance to the front yard setback requirements [Sections 18-0221 (8) of the Land Development Code] in order to align the new building with other campus buildings.Legal Description: Unplatted Parts Grand Forks Township, University Campus SE ½ Se ¼5-151-50 Less RR RW.
- Adam Anvarinia on behalf of Premiere Homes & Builders, LLP, 950 Lindsey Lane, has made a request for variance to the impervious surface area coverage and accessory building requirements [Sections 18-0209(7) and 18-0305 of the Land Development Code] in order to build an accessory building.Legal Description: Lot 6, Block 1 TJ’s Second Addition.
- Adam Anvarinia on behalf of Premiere Homes & Builders, LLP, 508 Cherry St., has made a request for variance to the impervious surface and side yard setback requirements [Sections Sections 18-0209(7) and 18-0211(9) of the Land Development Code] in order to develop the property.Legal Description: Lot 4 & N. ½ Lot 5, Block 15 Holes Central Addition.
- Tony Anderson on behalf of Kenneth Hanson, 1011 N. 4th St., has made a request for variance to the accessory building requirements [Section 18-0305 of the Land Development Code] in order to build an accessory building.Legal Description: Lot 12-Part of McCormack’s Block 45 1st and 2nd Addition Partly Lots.
Any individual requiring a special accommodation is asked to notify the ADA Coordinator (746-2665) of their needs one week prior to meeting date.
BY ORDERS OF THE CITY OF GRAND FORKS
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENTS