The Executive Policy Committee shall prepare and adopt a Plan and recommend policies for the development of the area. The Plan shall be based on existing conditions and probable future growth and shall be made with the general purpose of guiding a coordinated and harmonious development that will promote the health, safety and general welfare of the inhabitants. The Plan shall also seek to promote efficiency and economy in the process of land development and population distribution so as to reduce the waste of resources; and it shall promote an efficient and economic utilization and conservation of the means of production of food and water, of sanitary and other facilities and of natural resources and transportation.
The Executive Policy Committee shall act as the official area-wide planning agency for the Metropolitan Area and shall be designated as a consortium of governments for federal legislation dealing with transportation, land use, and any other issue deemed appropriate by their respective governing bodies and as the official Area Planning Organization as required by the United States Department of Transportation and other agencies.
2. MembershipThe Executive Policy Committee shall consist of at least two-thirds elected officials and each member unit of government shall be allowed voting representation as follows:
Two elected officials from the Grand Forks City Council;
Two elected officials from the East Grand Forks City Council;
One member each from the Grand Forks and Polk County Commissions;
One member each representing the Grand Forks and East Grand Forks City Planning Commissions;
Representatives shall be appointed by the respective bodies they are to represent.
3. TermsMembers of the Policy Committee shall serve for a term of two (2) years except that members of the respective governing bodies holding memberships by virtue of their elected positions shall hold office only during their respective terms of office.
- Gary Malm - Grand Forks County
- Ken Vein -Grand Forks City Council
- Warren Strandell - Polk County
- Al Grasser - Grand Forks P&Z
- Marc DeMers - East Grand Forks City Council
- Michael Powers - East Grand Forks P&Z
- Jeannie Mock - Grand Forks City Council
- Clarence Vetter - East Grand Forks City Council
Pension and Insurance Committee
- Date: 04/20/2020 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
A G E N D A
PENSION and INSURANCE COMMITTEE
Monday, April 20, 2020 - 10:00 a.m.
Members of the Pension and Insurance Committee may be attending this meeting electronically or telephonically. Due to theCovid-19 Public Health Emergency, City Hall is closed to the public. This meeting will be conducted with social distancing modifications consistent with the recommendations of the CDC. In person attendance at the meeting by the public will not be allowed.
Members of the public wishing to view the live meeting of the Pension and Insurance Committee should contact Sherie Lundmark in the Finance Department at (701) 746-2664 or by email at email@example.com prior to 12:00 p.m. on the date of the meeting for further information. .
1. Roll Call
Brown ___, Weber ___, Marshall ___, Bergerson ___, Schimke ___
2. 2019 Investment Portfolio Returns – Defined Benefit Pension Plan
(David J. Hunter, State Investment Board)
3. Annual Actuarial Valuation Report Presentation - Defined Benefit Pension Plan
(Phillip Souzek, Deloitte Consulting LLP)
Staff: Maureen Storstad, CPA ... Director of Finance and Admin. Services
Howard D. Swanson, Attorney at Law ... City Attorney
Tangee Bouvette ….. Director of Human Resources
Any individual requiring a special accommodation to allow access or participation at a City meeting is asked to notify the ADA Coordinator (746-2665) of his/her needs.