The Executive Policy Committee shall prepare and adopt a Plan and recommend policies for the development of the area. The Plan shall be based on existing conditions and probable future growth and shall be made with the general purpose of guiding a coordinated and harmonious development that will promote the health, safety and general welfare of the inhabitants. The Plan shall also seek to promote efficiency and economy in the process of land development and population distribution so as to reduce the waste of resources; and it shall promote an efficient and economic utilization and conservation of the means of production of food and water, of sanitary and other facilities and of natural resources and transportation.
The Executive Policy Committee shall act as the official area-wide planning agency for the Metropolitan Area and shall be designated as a consortium of governments for federal legislation dealing with transportation, land use, and any other issue deemed appropriate by their respective governing bodies and as the official Area Planning Organization as required by the United States Department of Transportation and other agencies.
2. MembershipThe Executive Policy Committee shall consist of at least two-thirds elected officials and each member unit of government shall be allowed voting representation as follows:
Two elected officials from the Grand Forks City Council;
Two elected officials from the East Grand Forks City Council;
One member each from the Grand Forks and Polk County Commissions;
One member each representing the Grand Forks and East Grand Forks City Planning Commissions;
Representatives shall be appointed by the respective bodies they are to represent.
3. TermsMembers of the Policy Committee shall serve for a term of two (2) years except that members of the respective governing bodies holding memberships by virtue of their elected positions shall hold office only during their respective terms of office.
- Gary Malm - Grand Forks County
- Ken Vein -Grand Forks City Council
- Warren Strandell - Polk County
- Al Grasser - Grand Forks P&Z
- Marc DeMers - East Grand Forks City Council
- Michael Powers - East Grand Forks P&Z
- Jeannie Mock - Grand Forks City Council
- Clarence Vetter - East Grand Forks City Council
PSAP (9-1-1) Authority Board Meeting
- Date: 05/21/2020 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Location: Zoom Meeting
From: Becky Ault, GF PSAP Director
Re: 911 AUTHORITY BOARD MEETING
WHEN: Thursday, May 21, 2020
TIME: 2:00 p.m.
Members of the 911 Authority Board may be attending this meeting electronically or telephonically. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, City Hall is closed to the public. This meeting will be conducted with social distancing modifications consistent with the recommendations of the CDC. In person attendance at the meeting by the public will not be allowed. Members of the public wishing to join the live meeting of the 911 Authority Board should contact Debbie Hoverson at 701-787-8039 or by email at email@example.com prior to 11:00 a.m. on the date of the meeting for further information.
Welcome and Roll Call
Approval of Order of Agenda
Approval of Consent Agenda
3.1 Expense Report approve 2105 meets NDCC 57-40.6
3.2 Calls for Service December, January, February, March, April 2020
3.3 Minutes of December 18, 2019 Meeting
4. Director’s Report
4.1 Ongoing Local and State 911 and Communications Projects Update
i. SIRN 20/20
4.2 Countywide responder meetings and outreach activities
4.3 Personnel and Training
4.4 Equipment/Process Updates
4.5 2020/2021 Budget Planning
5. Old Business
6. New Business –
6.1 Back up PSAP in EOC
6.2 Election of Officers
7. Committee Comments
8. Next Board Meeting – Thursday, June 18 at 2 p.m would be usual rotation.