The Executive Policy Committee shall prepare and adopt a Plan and recommend policies for the development of the area. The Plan shall be based on existing conditions and probable future growth and shall be made with the general purpose of guiding a coordinated and harmonious development that will promote the health, safety and general welfare of the inhabitants. The Plan shall also seek to promote efficiency and economy in the process of land development and population distribution so as to reduce the waste of resources; and it shall promote an efficient and economic utilization and conservation of the means of production of food and water, of sanitary and other facilities and of natural resources and transportation.
The Executive Policy Committee shall act as the official area-wide planning agency for the Metropolitan Area and shall be designated as a consortium of governments for federal legislation dealing with transportation, land use, and any other issue deemed appropriate by their respective governing bodies and as the official Area Planning Organization as required by the United States Department of Transportation and other agencies.
2. MembershipThe Executive Policy Committee shall consist of at least two-thirds elected officials and each member unit of government shall be allowed voting representation as follows:
Two elected officials from the Grand Forks City Council;
Two elected officials from the East Grand Forks City Council;
One member each from the Grand Forks and Polk County Commissions;
One member each representing the Grand Forks and East Grand Forks City Planning Commissions;
Representatives shall be appointed by the respective bodies they are to represent.
3. TermsMembers of the Policy Committee shall serve for a term of two (2) years except that members of the respective governing bodies holding memberships by virtue of their elected positions shall hold office only during their respective terms of office.
- Gary Malm
Grand Forks County
- Ken Vein
Grand Forks City Council
- Warren Strandell
- Al Grasser
Grand Forks P&Z
- Marc DeMers
East Grand Forks City Council
- Michael Powers
East Grand Forks P&Z
- Jeannie Mock
- Grand Forks City Council
- Clarence Vetter
East Grand Forks City Council
Growth Fund Committee
- Date: 05/18/2020 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Video Linkhttps://youtu.be/e_QFk1xvHDE
GROWTH FUND COMMITTEE
Monday, May 18, 2020 - 4:00 p.m.
Members of the Growth Fund Committee may be attending this meeting electronically or telephonically. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, City Hall is closed to the public. This meeting will be conducted with social distancing modifications consistent with the recommendations of the CDC. In person attendance at the meeting by the public will not be allowed. Members of the public may view the live airing of the City Council meeting on Grand Forks Channel 2 or streamed live through the City’s Facebook page at facebook.com/cityofgrandforks. Any member of the public seeking to submit comments relating to an agenda item should submit those comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-746-2642 for further information. All comments received prior to 2:00 p.m. on the meeting day will be considered part of the record of the meeting as if personally presented.
____ Dachtler ____ Holth ____ Weber ____ Weigel ____ Wolf
- Roll Call
- Minutes: Meeting of April 27, 2020
- FlexPACE Loan Request: Associated Potato Growers
- Innovation Technology Loan Fund (LIFT) Overview: Josh Teigen, ND Dept. of Commerce
- Funding Request: Airtonomy
- Funding Request: Tailorie
- Match Request for EDA Build to Scale Grant Application: Center for Innovation
- CPR & SELF Programs from Bank of North Dakota
- CARES Act EDA Funding Opportunities