1. PurposeIt is the intent and purpose by adoption of this article and resolution that the regional airport authority is to accommodate the community and region at large with a cohesive governing body or board of commissioners that will provide the policy, structure, zoning, land acquisition, regulations and approval process necessary to oversee the development and management of an airport for the good of the communities and area which it serves. This purpose includes sound fiscal management functions, the adoption and approval of all operating maintenance budgets and capital improvement programs in addition to the appropriate staffing of a professional airport management team. For more information on the Airport Authority, please visit their website by clicking here.
The powers and responsibilities of the regional airport authority shall be vested in a board of commissioners consisting of seven (7) members.
Three (3) members shall be residents of the City of Grand Forks appointed by the Mayor of the City of Grand Forks and confirmed by the Grand Forks City Council.
Two (2) members shall be residents of either the City of Grand Forks and/or the County of Grand Forks and appointed by the Grand Forks County Commission.
One (1) member shall be a member of the Grand Forks City Council, nominated by the President of the Grand Forks City Council and appointed and confirmed by the Grand Forks City Council.
One (1) member shall be a member of the Grand Forks County Commission appointed by the Grand Forks County Commission.
Five (5) years.
- Steve Kuhlman
Term: 5 years - Expires July 31, 2022
- Karl Bollingberg
City Representative, Chair
Term: 5 years - Expires July 1, 2020
- Dane Simonson
Term: 5 years - Expires August 1, 2023
- Jeannie Mock
Term: 5 years - Expires July 31, 2022
- Tim Mutchler
Term: 5 years - Expires July 1,2024
- Rick Meland
Term: 5 years - Expires July 1, 2021
- Gary Malm
Term: 5 years - Expires July 1, 2022
Ryan Riesinger, Executive Director
Base Retention and Investment Committee - Zoom Meeting
- Date: 06/02/2020 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Location: Zoom Meeting
Grand Forks Region
Base Retention and Investment Committee
Date: Tuesday - June 2, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
Location: Meeting will be held via Zoom
1. Global Hawk Mission
2. ADC DCIP Grant/UND Opportunities
3. OEA Supply Chain Analysis Grant
4. OEA Resiliency Grant
5. Arctic Alliance
6. 2021 Base Retention Grant
7. General Updates/Roundtable Discussion
Strategic Plan Goals
- Support & enhance the value of Grand Forks AFB, its infrastructure, & current missions.
- Secure new missions & capabilities for Grand Forks AFB.
- Engage the public & private sectors to leverage the assets & infrastructure of Grand Forks AFB for economic diversification opportunities to strengthen the Grand Forks region & state economies.
- Support Grand Sky, UND & the emerging UAS industry in North Dakota.
Notice is hereby given that the Grand Forks Region Base Retention and Investment Committee will meet at the above date and time. Members of the Grand Forks Region Base Retention and Investment Committee will be attending this meeting electronically or by telephone. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, this meeting will be conducted with social distancing modifications consistent with the recommendations of the CDC as allowed under Governor Doug Burgum's executive order suspending NDCC 44-04-19. As a result, space will not be available. Members of the public are strongly encouraged to view the BRIC streamed live through the County's Facebook and Twitter page at:
Any member of the public seeking to submit comments relating to an agenda item, public hearing or citizen requests should submit their comments to email@example.com. All comments received prior to 8:00 a.m. on the meeting date will be considered part of the record of the meeting as if personally presented.