The Executive Policy Committee shall prepare and adopt a Plan and recommend policies for the development of the area. The Plan shall be based on existing conditions and probable future growth and shall be made with the general purpose of guiding a coordinated and harmonious development that will promote the health, safety and general welfare of the inhabitants. The Plan shall also seek to promote efficiency and economy in the process of land development and population distribution so as to reduce the waste of resources; and it shall promote an efficient and economic utilization and conservation of the means of production of food and water, of sanitary and other facilities and of natural resources and transportation.
The Executive Policy Committee shall act as the official area-wide planning agency for the Metropolitan Area and shall be designated as a consortium of governments for federal legislation dealing with transportation, land use, and any other issue deemed appropriate by their respective governing bodies and as the official Area Planning Organization as required by the United States Department of Transportation and other agencies.
2. MembershipThe Executive Policy Committee shall consist of at least two-thirds elected officials and each member unit of government shall be allowed voting representation as follows:
Two elected officials from the Grand Forks City Council;
Two elected officials from the East Grand Forks City Council;
One member each from the Grand Forks and Polk County Commissions;
One member each representing the Grand Forks and East Grand Forks City Planning Commissions;
Representatives shall be appointed by the respective bodies they are to represent.
3. TermsMembers of the Policy Committee shall serve for a term of two (2) years except that members of the respective governing bodies holding memberships by virtue of their elected positions shall hold office only during their respective terms of office.
- Gary Malm
Grand Forks County
- Ken Vein
Grand Forks City Council
- Warren Strandell
- Al Grasser
Grand Forks P&Z
- Marc DeMers
East Grand Forks City Council
- Michael Powers
East Grand Forks P&Z
- Jeannie Mock
- Grand Forks City Council
- Clarence Vetter
East Grand Forks City Council
Base Retention and Investment Committee - Zoom Meeting
- Date: 06/02/2020 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Location: Zoom Meeting
Grand Forks Region
Base Retention and Investment Committee
Date: Tuesday - June 2, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
Location: Meeting will be held via Zoom
1. Global Hawk Mission
2. ADC DCIP Grant/UND Opportunities
3. OEA Supply Chain Analysis Grant
4. OEA Resiliency Grant
5. Arctic Alliance
6. 2021 Base Retention Grant
7. General Updates/Roundtable Discussion
Strategic Plan Goals
- Support & enhance the value of Grand Forks AFB, its infrastructure, & current missions.
- Secure new missions & capabilities for Grand Forks AFB.
- Engage the public & private sectors to leverage the assets & infrastructure of Grand Forks AFB for economic diversification opportunities to strengthen the Grand Forks region & state economies.
- Support Grand Sky, UND & the emerging UAS industry in North Dakota.
Notice is hereby given that the Grand Forks Region Base Retention and Investment Committee will meet at the above date and time. Members of the Grand Forks Region Base Retention and Investment Committee will be attending this meeting electronically or by telephone. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, this meeting will be conducted with social distancing modifications consistent with the recommendations of the CDC as allowed under Governor Doug Burgum's executive order suspending NDCC 44-04-19. As a result, space will not be available. Members of the public are strongly encouraged to view the BRIC streamed live through the County's Facebook and Twitter page at:
Any member of the public seeking to submit comments relating to an agenda item, public hearing or citizen requests should submit their comments to email@example.com. All comments received prior to 8:00 a.m. on the meeting date will be considered part of the record of the meeting as if personally presented.