The Executive Policy Committee shall prepare and adopt a Plan and recommend policies for the development of the area. The Plan shall be based on existing conditions and probable future growth and shall be made with the general purpose of guiding a coordinated and harmonious development that will promote the health, safety and general welfare of the inhabitants. The Plan shall also seek to promote efficiency and economy in the process of land development and population distribution so as to reduce the waste of resources; and it shall promote an efficient and economic utilization and conservation of the means of production of food and water, of sanitary and other facilities and of natural resources and transportation.
The Executive Policy Committee shall act as the official area-wide planning agency for the Metropolitan Area and shall be designated as a consortium of governments for federal legislation dealing with transportation, land use, and any other issue deemed appropriate by their respective governing bodies and as the official Area Planning Organization as required by the United States Department of Transportation and other agencies.
2. MembershipThe Executive Policy Committee shall consist of at least two-thirds elected officials and each member unit of government shall be allowed voting representation as follows:
Two elected officials from the Grand Forks City Council;
Two elected officials from the East Grand Forks City Council;
One member each from the Grand Forks and Polk County Commissions;
One member each representing the Grand Forks and East Grand Forks City Planning Commissions;
Representatives shall be appointed by the respective bodies they are to represent.
3. TermsMembers of the Policy Committee shall serve for a term of two (2) years except that members of the respective governing bodies holding memberships by virtue of their elected positions shall hold office only during their respective terms of office.
- Gary Malm
Grand Forks County
- Ken Vein
Grand Forks City Council
- Warren Strandell
- Al Grasser
Grand Forks P&Z
- Marc DeMers
East Grand Forks City Council
- Michael Powers
East Grand Forks P&Z
- Jeannie Mock
- Grand Forks City Council
- Clarence Vetter
East Grand Forks City Council
Grand Forks Events Center Commission - Finance & Renovation Committee (Zoom Meeting)
- Date: 06/10/2020 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
of the Grand Forks Events Center Commission
Virtual meeting via Zoom
Wednesday, June 10th, 2020 | 1:00PM
Members of the Grand Forks Event Center Commission may be attending this meeting electronically or telephonically. Due to the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency, Alerus Center is closed to the public. This meeting will be conducted with social distancing modifications consistent with the recommendations of the CDC. In person attendance at the meeting by the public will not be allowed.
Members of the public wishing to view the live meeting of the Grand Forks Event Center Commission should contact Cole Johnson at (701) 792-1200 or by email at Cole.Johnson@SpectraXP.com prior to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday June 9th, 2020 for further information.
Committee Members: ___ Curt Kreun ___ Pat McLean ___ Ken Vein ___ Jay Kleven ___ Matt Walkowiak
1) Call to Order
2) Roll Call
3) Approval of the May 13th, 2020 Minutes
4) 2020 Capital Plan & 6 Year Projections
5) 2021 Operating Budget
6) Alerus Naming Rights Agreement negotiations and UND Usage Agreement negotiations (The committee may convene in an executive session as provided by N.D.C.D. 44-04-19.2 to discuss negotiating strategy or negotiating instructions as provided by N.D.C.C. 44-04-19.1, 44-04-19.2 and/or 44-04-18.4)
Note: Members of the Alerus Center Commission may participate in the committee meeting and any possible executive session which may constitute a quorum of the commission as well as the committee.
Alerus Center Mission Statement
The mission of the Alerus Center is to provide premier entertainment and events that stimulate
economic impact and improve the quality of life for Grand Forks area citizens.