Historic Preservation Commission Attorney/Legal
- Type:Committee/Commission Openings
- Salary/Pay Rate:Volunteer
- Posted Date:07/31/2019 3:00 PM
Historic Preservation Commission (Attorney position)
Salary/Pay Rate: Volunteer
Posted Date: 7/29/2019
The Grand Forks Historic Preservation Commission seeks a member who is either a practicing attorney or other legal credentials with a Juris Doctorate to join the Commission in this specialist position. This person should have exhibit a significant interest in historic preservation and be prepared to attend at least one evening meeting a month (second Tuesday at 6:30 pm) and one state-wide meeting a year. Meetings frequently require some preparation, either reading material or on-site review of properties.
This Grand Forks Historic Preservation Commission member will serve a two-year term.
Note: This is not the County Historical Society, which is sometimes confused with the Commission.
Please submit a letter of application telling us why you wish to serve on the Historic Preservation Commission and what skills you bring to support the continuing work of the Historic Preservation Commission.
The mission of the Grand Forks Historic Preservation Commission is to foster Grand Forks' unique identity and economic vitality by preserving, protecting, and promoting its architectural and cultural heritage.
To apply, click here.
1. PurposeDevelopment or administration of projects to assure the availability of safe and sanitary dwellings for persons of low income at rentals they can afford.
2. Members; Appointments; TermsThe Mayor shall appoint five persons as commissioners of the authority for a term of office of five (5) years.
- Curt Kreun, Chair
Term Expires: August 31, 2022
- Bret Weber
Term Expires: August 31, 2024
- Fayme Stringer
Term Expires: August 31, 2021
- Joan Johnson
Term Expires: August 31, 2023
- Shannon Baker
Term Expires: August 31, 2020
GF Housing Authority - 746-2645