Historic Preservation Commission Attorney/Legal
- Type:Committee/Commission Openings
- Salary/Pay Rate:Volunteer
- Posted Date:07/31/2019 3:00 PM
Historic Preservation Commission (Attorney position)
Salary/Pay Rate: Volunteer
Posted Date: 7/29/2019
The Grand Forks Historic Preservation Commission seeks a member who is either a practicing attorney or other legal credentials with a Juris Doctorate to join the Commission in this specialist position. This person should have exhibit a significant interest in historic preservation and be prepared to attend at least one evening meeting a month (second Tuesday at 6:30 pm) and one state-wide meeting a year. Meetings frequently require some preparation, either reading material or on-site review of properties.
This Grand Forks Historic Preservation Commission member will serve a two-year term.
Note: This is not the County Historical Society, which is sometimes confused with the Commission.
Please submit a letter of application telling us why you wish to serve on the Historic Preservation Commission and what skills you bring to support the continuing work of the Historic Preservation Commission.
The mission of the Grand Forks Historic Preservation Commission is to foster Grand Forks' unique identity and economic vitality by preserving, protecting, and promoting its architectural and cultural heritage.
To apply, click here.
1. CommissionPer ND Century Code 40-23-01 the executive officer of each municipality, when it shall be found necessary, shall appoint three reputable residents and freeholders of the municipality as members of a commission which shall be known as the special assessment commission.
2. TermsSix (6) years.
- Ryan Graf
Term Expires: April 1, 2021
- Brian Poykko
Term Expires: November 1, 2025
- Gregg Boppre
Term Expires: September 30, 2024
- Mayor Michael R. Brown is Ex-Officio
Finance Department - 746-2620