The AMBER plan is a partnership between law-enforcement and broadcasters to inform the public on the most serious child-abduction cases.The goal of the AMBER Alert is to instantly alert the community to help search for the child.
1. Abduction involves a child 17 years of age or younger
2. Confirmation by local law enforcement where the child is believed to be in grave danger
3. Descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect's vehicle
4. Enough information about the child, suspect, and/or suspect's vehicle to believe immediate broadcast will help
The Blue Alert System is used to establish a quick response and notice that issued after someone has threatened a law enforcement office with a deadly weapon, used a deadly weapon against a law enforcement officer, caused a law enforcement officer to suffer bodily injury or death, or an officer has been abducted while on duty.
1. An individual had threatened, injured, or abducted an officer while on duty
2. The individual has fled the scene of the offense and a description of the individual or individual's vehicle is available
3. The law enforcement agency investigating the offense has determined the individual poses a threat to the public
4. Announcement of information to the public may help avert further harm or assist in the apprehension of the suspect