For annual Fire License Renewal CLICK HERE
What We Can Do For You!A license is issued by the Fire Department to grant permission for an operation, process, or activity for which Fire Department approval is required.
Who Do You Call?Grand Forks Fire Department Fire Prevention Division (701) 746-2566
What We Need From You!
- Name of responsible person
- Address or location where the process or activity will occur
- Date of operation, activity or process
- Starting and ending time of the process or activity - annual or short term site permit
- Applicant contacts the Fire Prevention Division and requests a permit.
- Depending upon the process or activity, a Fire Marshal or fire department representative may inspect the location prior to issuing a permit.
- The Fire Marshal will issue a permit for a specific period of time, not to exceed one year.
- The permit will identify specific instructions and restrictions to the permittee.
List of operations or activities which requires a permit:
- Aerosol products
- Amusement Buildings
- Automatic Fire Extinguishing Systems
- Aviation Facilities
- Carnivals and Fairs
- Battery Systems
- Cellulose Nitrate Film
- Combustible Dust Producing Operations
- Combustible Fibers
- Compressed Gases
- Covered Mall Buildings
- Cryogenic Fluids
- Cutting and Welding
- Dry Cleaning Plants
- Exhibits and Trade Shows
- Fire Alarm and Detection Systems and Related Equipment
- Fire Hydrants and Valves
- Fire Pumps and Related Equipment
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Floor Finishing
- Fruit and Crop-Ripening
- Fumigation and Thermal Insecticidal Fogging
- Hazardous Materials
- HPM Facilities
- High-Piled Storage
- Hot Work Operations
- Industrial Ovens
- Lumber Yards and Woodworking Plants
- Liquid or Gas-Fueled Vehicles or Equipment in Assembly Buildings
- Open Burning
- Open Flames or Torches
- Open Flames and Candles
- Organic Coatings
- Places of Assembly
- Private Fire Hydrants
- Pyrotechnical Special Effects Material
- Pyroxylin Plastics
- Refrigeration Equipment
- Repair Garages or Motor Fuel-Dispensing Facilities
- Rooftop Heliports
- Spraying or Dipping
- Standpipe System
- Storage of Scrap Tires and Tire Byproducts
- Temporary Membrane Structures, Tents and Canopies
- Tire Rebuilding Plants
- Waste Handling
- Wood Products
How Much Does It Cost?
There is a $57.00 fee per licensed activity.
Who Do I Talk To?
Grand Forks Fire Department
Fire Prevention Division
1124 Demers Avenue
Grand Forks ND 58201
Online Application/Permit Forms
Other Helpful Documents