I Want To

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


 File A Report


Reporting Options:

  • On-line crime reporting can be completed by clicking here. Please note that only minor crime reports can be submitted on-line.
  • Contact the police Department at 787-8000, ext. 2. This option will direct you to a police dispatcher in order to report a crime and to have an officer sent to your location. 

Pay a Parking Ticket


Parking Ticket Fees:

  • Violation #4 – Handicapped Zone             $100
  • All other Parking Violations                          $ 20
  •  After 4 weeks all unpaid parking tickets will result in a Summons to Appear being issued by Municipal Court.
  •  Owners of towed vehicles must pay the contract wrecker fee plus the bond amount listed for the parking violation.

Parking Ticket Fee Payment:   Parking Ticket fees may be paid using cash, money order, personal check or credit card (convenience fee applies).  Payments for parking violations may be remitted by:

  • On line:
  • Mail:  Include copy of the ticket you received send to:  Grand Forks Police Department,  122 5th Street South,           Grand Forks, ND 58201
  • In Person:  Pay in person at the main window during normal business hours
  • Drop Boxes:  Drop boxes are available in both entrances to the Police building
  • Pay by credit card at the Police department during normal business hours 701-787-8000 (convenience fee applies)

Dispute a Parking Ticket:   Refer to the lower portion of your parking ticket for the issuing agency and their contact information and complete the Parking Ticket Review Form 


Compliment an Employee


Police Department

Dispatcher (911)

I'm Not Sure


Concern about an Employee


Citizen Complaint Process Brochure

Citizen Complaint against a Police Employee form

Dispatcher (911)

I'm Not Sure

Biased Based Profiling Concern


Request a Speaker

   GFPD officers will provide tours of the police department, certain demonstrations of specialty functions, and presentations on any number of safety or law-enforcement related topics.  Please allow as much notice as possible for scheduling purposes.  If you are wondering about a particular topic or idea, please contact Sgt. Duane Simon.  If you already know the topic, date and time, please complete and submit a Speaker Request Form, located here, to Sgt. Duane Simon.

Request a Ride a Long

  If you would like to observe police work and ride with an officer, please complete the Covenant Not to Sue and the Citizen Observation Policy forms and Submit Them Here. A police supervisor will contact you at your provided email address to finalize your ride a long details. Note – if you are requesting to ride within 24 hours, please print the forms and bring them to the police department to discuss your request in person with a department supervisor.  

Contact an Animal Control Officer

  Please call 701-787-8000 ext. 2 or Email CSO Drewlow at  rdrewlow@grandforksgov.com

Purchase a Dog/Cat License

  Dog or cat licenses may be obtained through the Finance Department 701-746-2620

Obtain a Taxi License

   Taxi licenses may be obtained through the Finance Department 701-746-2620


Get Fingerprinted


If you need your fingerprints taken contact either:

Grand Forks County Sheriff Department   701-780-8280

Grand Forks County Correctional Center   701-780-8224


Apply for a Concealed Weapons Permit

  Concealed Weapon permit application and instructions are available at the North Dakota Attorney General website:  https://attorneygeneral.nd.gov/public-safety/concealed-weapons-licenses

Report a Gas Drive Off

   This is for gas stations only to report gas drive offs.  Click here to report a gas drive off.

Complete / Renew Server Training

  To complete your server training, or to renew your server training license click here.

Request a Police Report

Copies of Investigative Reports can be obtained during normal business hours. You may request a copy of a police report at PD_Records@grandforksgov.com. Reports and payment directions will be returned via email. A fee will be charged for each report requested. Release of information will be in accordance with North Dakota’s open records laws and Grand Forks Police Department policies.

  • WebXtender Reports-$2.00 for the first 10 pages and $0.25/page thereafter (printed copy)
  • PremiereOne Reports-$2.00 for initial incident report, and $0.25/page thereafter (printed copy)
    • Additional Cost: $25.00/hr. after the first hour of time needed to prepare documents.
    • Pre-Payment (Non-Refundable):If estimated costs of Investigative Reports exceed $50.00 then pre-payment of 50% of the estimated costs are required prior to the preparation of
      requested investigative reports. Full payment required prior to pick-up.
  • Log Entries- $2.00
  • Crash Reports- $7.00
  • Digital Reports- $10.00/CD containing digital versions of requested reports

Request a Crash Report


ONLINE: Completed crash reports are available at (click here) CrashLogic.  CrashLogic adds a convenience fee for this service. The cost for online crash report access will be $13.00.  You will need  the date of the crash and crash report number to purchase a copy online.

GRAND FORKS POLICE DEPARTMENT: Completed crash reports can be picked up at the main window of the Police Department.  A $7.00 fee is charged for each report requested.

North Dakota DOT, you may download a request form at (click here) reports on line You will need to complete the form, print, and mail with a check attached to the address on the form. Fee information is on the form.


Request a Record Check


A complete Criminal History is available through North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation at: 


 A North Dakota Court Search is available at:


Dispositions of arrests may be obtained through the North Dakota Courts Records Inquiry by selecting the appropriate Municipal or County Court or a ND State check by selecting State of North Dakota.

 To request an arrest record check of Grand Forks Police Department Records only, complete the form and return along with payment to the Records Bureau for processing.  (PDF form 101)


Report a  Neighborhood Concern

   Please use the 311 reporting system or click here GF311

Report a Traffic Concern

   Please use the 311 reporting system or click here GF311

I want a car towed

   If a car has been parked on a street for over 48 hours and has not been moved please contact the Police Department to have it ticketed and later towed.  701-787-8000 ext. 2

Retrieve Vehicle from Police Impound


Vehicles will be released during normal business hours.  After hours release of vehicles requires authorization by the on-duty Sergeant and only in unique circumstances.

Important items regarding release of impounded vehicles:

  • Fees may be paid by cash, personal check, money order, or credit card (additional convenience fee applies)
  • Vehicles will be released to registered owners only (Have proof of identification when retrieving vehicle)
  • If the vehicle is recently purchased, bring the title or bill of sale as proof of ownership
  • Ensure you have a legally licensed driver to drive the car from the impound lot
  • Vehicle must have current registration and proof of insurance or the vehicle will need to be towed

I think I have a warrant

   Please call the Police Department and press 701-787-8000 ext. 2 ( PSAP) to verify.

See current road conditions

  North Dakota Road Condition Information

Contact the LGBT Liaison officer

Contact Officer Vanessa Richter by email at vrichter@grandforksgov.com or by phone
701-787-8000 and leave a message


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer