Grand Forks County
Last Updated - March 31, 2020 4:00 pm
Confirmed Cases 3
Call Center Information related to COVID-19:
NDDoH COVID-19 Hotline
7 days/week, 7am-10pm
Grand Forks Public Health Summary
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation. To stay up-to date on information, please refer to CDC who provides information as it becomes available.
Grand Forks Public Health in conjunction with the North Dakota Department of Health and other community health partners are conducting surveillance activities surrounding potential COVID-19.
What is COVID-19?
A new coronavirus (COVID-19) was recently detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China and is causing an outbreak of respiratory illness. The COVID-19 outbreak began in December 2019, and Chinese health officials have reported thousands of COVID-19 infections in China.
How do people become infected?
COVID-19 is a new disease, and the CDC is still learning how it spreads, the severity of illness it causes, and to what extent it may spread in the United States.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person through:
- Close contact with one another (within 6 feet)
- Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes
- It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands. This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
How to avoid infection with COVID-19?
Individuals should practice healthy hygiene habits to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses like COVID-19 such as:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in public areas, blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Call your healthcare provider prior to presenting at the health system if you suspect you have been infected with COVID-19.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
Mayor Brown has signed an emergency order authorizing city staff to pursue bids for cleaning services for City facilities
03/31/2020 9:52 AM
Mayor Brown signed an emergency order regarding Public Health officials working with hotels if there is a need to isolate an individual with COVID-19
This is the situation report for Grand Forks Public Health for COVID-19 response for Monday, March 30, 2020
This is the Virtual News Conference for the City of Grand Forks regarding COVID-19 for Monday, March 30, 2020
Statement from Grand Forks Mayor Micheal R. Brown regarding GF County having its first positive tests for COVID-19.
This is the COVID-19 Briefing from the City of Grand Forks for Friday, March 27, 2020
This is the COVID-19 Situation Report for the Grand Forks Public Health Department for Friday, March 27, 2020
Mayor Brown has signed an emergency order regarding delivery of food and alcohol
03/26/2020 1:09 PM
Mayor Brown has expanded an emergency order regarding alcohol sales/delivery in the City of Grand Forks.
Mayor Brown has signed an emergency order regarding meeting notifications for emergency council meetings.
Mayor Michael R. Brown has signed an Emergency Order that temporarily modifies Class 4 Food and Beverage Establishment On Sale Alcoholic Beverage License.
Mayor Brown has signed an emergency order that moves the Planning & Zoning meeting from April 1 to April 15.
Mayor Brown has signed an emergency order temporarily amending the Industrial Discharge Permit for Red River Biorefinery
Mayor Brown has signed an emergency order waiving all fees for Public Transit.
This is the Situation Report from the Grand Forks Public Health Department for Monday, March 23, 2020
Here is the video of the virtual news conference for the City of Grand Forks on Monday, March 23, 2020
Due to the ongoing situation regarding the COVID-19 virus, the City of Grand Forks has postponed Spring Clean Up week for 2020
Mayor Brown has signed an Emergency Order regarding various City functions during the COVID-19 response.
03/20/2020 4:37 PM