“Imagine that the world had created a new 'dream product' to feed and immunize everyone born on earth. Imagine also that it was available everywhere, required no storage or delivery, and helped mothers plan their families and reduce the risk of cancer.” Frank A Oski
Community - promoting breastfeeding as a social norm
Home - helping moms reach their breastfeeding goals by providing home visits by qualified breastfeeding counselors
Work - assisting businesses in creating policies and work sites that are supportive of breastfeeding employees
Childcare - assisting home and center childcare facilities to create an environment where a baby’s right to breastmilk is a priority
Altru's Breastfeeding Clinic
- Every Wednesday from 12:30 - 2:00 pm at Altru Family Medicine Center, Small Conference Room
- Complimentary walk-in clinic includes:
- Certified lactation consultants and counselors available
- Topics of discussion by trusted experts
- BabyWeigh Scale to measure baby's weight and milk intake during a feeding
- Encouragement from other moms
- Every community must work together to ensure a child’s right to breast milk and a woman’s right to breastfeed. The Greater Grand Forks Breastfeeding Coalition is dedicated to protecting, promoting, and supporting breastfeeding. We meet every other month, on the third Tuesday, at noon. The location of the meeting changes, please contact Mandy.
- This website includes a list of local support.
- Our mission is to help mothers to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information, and education.
- North Dakota Breastfeeding Coalition
- North Dakota Department of Health
- North Dakota Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Mothers' Milk Bank of Colorado
- Infant Risk Center
- Breastmilk Counts